• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

Each lamp provides some resistance. When they are connected in parallel, the total resistance is half the resistance of one of the lamp. When N is removed, the resistance increases because now the complete resistance of M is there. When the voltage is constant, resistance and current are inversely proportional. Therefore, when the resistance increases, the current decreases. So, the current will be less than 2A.
Hope you understood.

Reaction score

q4) Not A, because the balance can measure mass.
Not C, not you can have a paper which is larger than a piece of iron, but iron has a larger volume.
Not D, weight is force mass is not.
So it is B.

q5) You need to find the weight for the 10kg on that planet. So it is 5*2 = 10, 18*5 = 90. Which is Venus. D

q8) The plank is in equilibrium, so the upward force must equal the downward force. So P+R=Q which is B.

q18) C, density of air is less because when you heat air particles gain more energy they increase in the distance between them. Thus the volume increases. D= M/V, if V increases then D decreases.

q34) C, neutron is not charged so it is not attracted or repelled by the electric field.

q38) Look at the graph it was 2200 then after two days it became 1100, so the half life is two days. Which is C

LOL, I've been solving V2 :$ now I'll explain V1.

Reaction score
Each lamp provides some resistance. When they are connected in parallel, the total resistance is half the resistance of one of the lamp. When N is removed, the resistance increases because now the complete resistance of M is there. When the voltage is constant, resistance and current are inversely proportional. Therefore, when the resistance increases, the current decreases. So, the current will be less than 2A.
Hope you understood.
Thanks alot :)

Reaction score
q4) Not A, because the balance can measure mass.
Not C, not you can have a paper which is larger than a piece of iron, but iron has a larger volume.
Not D, weight is force mass is not.
So it is B.

q5) You need to find the weight for the 10kg on that planet. So it is 5*2 = 10, 18*5 = 90. Which is Venus. D

q8) The plank is in equilibrium, so the upward force must equal the downward force. So P+R=Q which is B.

q18) C, density of air is less because when you heat air particles gain more energy they increase in the distance between them. Thus the volume increases. D= M/V, if V increases then D decreases.

q34) C, neutron is not charged so it is not attracted or repelled by the electric field.

q38) Look at the graph it was 2200 then after two days it became 1100, so the half life is two days. Which is C

LOL, I've been solving V2 :$ now I'll explain V1.

I didnot understand Q5

Reaction score
So only 34 and 38.

q34) Right hand grip rule, the current is anticlockwise. So the compass facing that direction is C only.

q38) B, the alpha is helium nucleus. So 2 neutrons are lost. which Is 138-2=136.

Q 34 could you elaborate