• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I'm doing chemistry p3 .. and why are the markschemes so sensitive ? like there is this question that why is aluminium used in cables .. so it can also be bcz aluminium has a high melting point right ? but the markscheme dosent say that :eek:_O Why's that ??

Reaction score
I'm doing chemistry p3 .. and why are the markschemes so sensitive ? like there is this question that why is aluminium used in cables .. so it can also be bcz aluminium has a high melting point right ? but the markscheme dosent say that :eek:_O Why's that ??

I guess thats not the main reason.. because the temperature outside never gets high enough to melt any metal lol.
Main reason is because it's light weight and prevents sagging of cables.

Reaction score
I guess thats not the main reason.. because the temperature outside never gets high enough to melt any metal lol.
Main reason is because it's light weight and prevents sagging of cables.
Hmmm yeah point :oops: but the other questions, y so sensitive markings :cry: i hate chem :notworthy:

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s06_qp_3.pdf
q- 1 c
8 c and d
10 a
and 11 how ??? :(
please some one solve these for me :)

Question 1 (c) u have to simply find the area under the graph, that is 1/2*b*h , so 0.5*5*10.5 = 26.25
Question 8 (c) Decreases because resistance increases causing the current to decrese =)
Question 8 (d) 4 ohms, because the resistance will double ..
Alpha goes into paper because it gets absorbed , charge, alpha carries a +2 charge,
Beta goes out of paper because it can pass through paper (in tiny ammount) charge always -1 (electrons)
Gamma nothng happns, and no charge, never it carries charge,

Hope i helped =]

Reaction score
I think its like u have to measure the vertical height of the pins sharp point with the bench , and then from just below the pinhead to the bench, if the heights r equal .. then its horizontal .. =]
ahan :) .... thnx!!