• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Since the critical angle is not given in the question, and it states that leaving through point Q, then it means that you have to measure the angle of incident, and reflect it with the same angle, by the use of a medium line. Do this at point Q and at point R, and then draw the middle reflections and medium lines which connect the beam together. That's it.

CAN U PLZ SHOW A ROUGH DRAWING ....... THNX IN ADVANCE !!!

WHICH ONE IS CORRECT
fibre_transmit.gif 046 fiber optic.gif

Reaction score
how??????? please explain..

Not sure if I'm right, but because potassium is very reactive so it stays in the solution, so hydrogen is given out.
and sulphate stays in the solution (don't know the reason behind this), so oxygen is given out.

EDITED

Moi

Reaction score
please help anyone!
what is the difference between the motion of objects falling with and without air resistance?

Without air resistance, it falls at a constant acceleration.
With air resistance, it accelerates at the bigining until air risitance is equal to the object's weight, causing a resultant foce of zero, it'll start falling at a terminal speed (constant speed) <--- After it accelerates in the begining :)

Reaction score
For c) Use the equation for power, but you'll have to change it a bit.

Power = energy /time
Energy = power*time
Energy = current*voltage*time
Energy = current^2*resistance*time

NOW you can calcuate it as you have the current, resistance, and time!

ENergy = 2.5^2*3*1
=18.75J

For d) it's easier, just use the formula for power involving current and voltage.
Power= current*voltage
Voltage = power/current
Voltage= 18.75/2
=7.5v

For e) You just subtract the orignial voltage from the one you calculated in part d)!
22000-7.5=21992.5V
we dont have time!!!!

Reaction score
please help anyone!
what is the difference between the motion of objects falling with and without air resistance?
Alright then
When any object is falling the main thing acting on it will be the weight of the object, pulling it downwards. As per Newton's second law this will cause acceleration.
When there's no air resistance the acceleration will be constant, as nothing is opposing it (this means the graph of the speed will be a straight line)
When there IS air resistance, the air resistance will act in the opposite direction as the weight, so the net force = weight-air resistance
As the speed of the object increases, so does the air resistance until the point where weight = air resistance, so net force = 0
As per newton's FIRST law, it will have a constant speed (when no force is acting on an object it will eithe rmove with a steady speed or not move etc.)
So acceleration will decrease until it is zero and speed is constant, and this speed is called the terminal velocity
The graph will be a curve where the gradient decreases until it becomes straight

Reaction score
Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s11_qp_31.pdf
10 (b)

Need help with the drawing, I don't have the text book, so that's why.

also want the formulas concerning latent heat and heat capacity, thanks.

Formula for latent heat : Latent heat= energy/mass
Formula for specific heat capacity: Specific heat capicty= energy/ mass*(Change in temperature:Final temp-initial temp)

LOL THIS IS A TERRIBLE DRAWING I KNOW, But you have to understand I did it using a laptop mouse in under 2 mins x)
Untitled-7.png

Reaction score
Reaction score
Formula for latent heat : Latent heat= energy/mass
Formula for specific heat capacity: Specific heat capicty= energy/ mass*(Change in temperature:Final temp-initial temp)

LOL THIS IS A TERRIBLE DRAWING I KNOW, But you have to understand I did it using a laptop mouse in under 2 mins x)
Untitled-7.png

Doesn't matter if it's horrible, as long as it's understandable :) Thanks

Reaction score
What o.o?
Both formulas are wrong, you might want to double-check your textbook...
Im confident that latent heat= energy DIVIDED by mass
and specific heat capacity as well, it is
Heat capacity=e/mass*change in temperature
:O noooo E=M*L