• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
4 is resistance for first coil
6 is resistance for second coil

so the length of second coil is more....it is 1.5* bigger than the first coil :D
I think thats the answer but Im not sure....so do check with others

but why is like the diameter of the coil mentioned? I am confused....

Reaction score
can anybody please tell me ,that in a transformer,v tend to decrease the resistance and current,to avoid power loses,but wont the decreasing of resistance ,increae the current??:confused:
plxxxxxxxxx
Don't confuse yourself in that thing. There is an equation for power loss and such stuff. There is no need to know the details.

Reaction score
Resistance is directly proportional 2 lenght, inversely prop,. 2 area. when u divide the diameter by 2, area increases by4. so new resistance=4(older resistance)*4= 16 ohms
now in d qn, they say dat I is 0.3, so actual resistance isn't 16, its 1.8/0.3=6 ohms
now d ratio... new resistance of actual lenght/calculated resistance of original length = 6/16 = 0.375.
:), ma shaaAllahu la quwwata illa billah.

Reaction score
i found that L2 is 3/8 of L1 since R=xL/A and they both have the same resistance and what changed was only the area which doubled because the diameter doubled.

Reaction score
i found that L2 is 3/8 of L1 since R=xL/A and they both have the same resistance and what changed was only the area which doubled because the diameter doubled.
area wont double, it will b multiplied by 4!!!

Moi

Reaction score
ALRIGHT THEN!
*bang head against desk*
TIME BASE
The time base effects the frequency of the shown wave!
If the time base is 1 second, then it will show the number of waves in 1 second!
If time base is 0.5 seconds it will show the number of waves in 0.5 seconds!
So the smaller the time base the less number of waves which appear/the wider they are. If you had LOTS of waves and they were all squashed, you would increase time base to make it clearer. This also means decreasing time base INCREASES wavelength of shown wave.
If it says time base is 5seconds/cm, it means that each cm represents 5 seconds. So if they ask to find the frequency from this this is what you do:
Find the number of centimeters/blocks for one wave (e.g. 5cm)
Multiply this by the time base (e.g if time base is 0.01second/cm, then that's 0.05cm)
This is the PERIOD the time taken for ONE wave
Frequency = 1/Period, so the frequency is 1/0.05 = 20Hz!
Y-GAIN
The Y-Gain effects the HEIGHT of the shown wave.
The height of the wave shows the voltage of the wave
So if the Y-Gain is 5volts/cm and the amplitude of the wave on the screen is 4cm, then the voltage of the wave is 5*4=20V!

Thanks it helped a bit :)

Reaction score
Resistance is directly proportional 2 lenght, inversely prop,. 2 area. when u divide the diameter by 2, area increases by4. so new resistance=4(older resistance)*4= 16 ohms
now in d qn, they say dat I is 0.3, so actual resistance isn't 16, its 1.8/0.3=6 ohms
now d ratio... new resistance of actual lenght/calculated resistance of original length = 6/16 = 0.375.
:), ma shaaAllahu la quwwata illa billah.

Plz help because I dont reeally understand that....could u explain it more simplified and elaborated so that idiots like me can understand :) thx

Reaction score
what is the difference between the accelerating anode and the focusing anode in the cathode ray ossiloscope????

Reaction score