• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Is there a really difficult or tricky question that anyone has gone through please post here I wana try everything incase I've missed

Reaction score
NO. he still speeds up but at a smaller rate.
Yes u r rite acceleration is the rate of change of speed so his speed may be increasing but he's accelerating

He decelerates when his speed decreases or hes goes in opposite direction

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s10_qp_32.pdf
Q NO 10 (A ) AND (B) IN THE ABOVE PASTPAPER ATTACHED LINK !!!! PLZ HELP ME ....THNX IN ADVANCE
10(a)
frequency is multiplied by 1.5, so freq(no of waves, ie 2) * 1.5= 3, so u'll have 2 draw 3 waves, these need 2 b equally distributed, so u count no of horizontal lines (6) divide it by 3, which gives 2, so every upper half of d wave will have 2 cm, as will d lower half.
(b) now u wanna halve d height, so dats to do wid voltage/cm, n not wid d time base, so rite no change in time base
d cm stays, n u decrease d height, so increase d voltage, so it'll take up lesser space, n do so by 2, ie make 5 v/cm 10 v/cm

hope u got it
All d best

Reaction score
But why when diameter halfed, area increased by 4 ???
and why you multiplied the old resistance with the area in specific ??

when diameter becomes half, its half of original area, so inverse of it would be *2 therefore its 2*2 = 4....

Reaction score
I understand better now but I have 1 question why is pie r^2 would be 2^2 and 4? why is it 4*4?
I do understand that area decreases and resistance increases....so....plz help :) sorry if Im annoyinh u :(
c u calculate d area when u do pie r square n u further multiply dis by 4 coz it was d earlier value of resistance 2 get resistance of the thinner wire of the same length
no im not annoyed, help others 2 help urself

Reaction score
If your speeding up at a slower rate, your OVERALL speed is technically decreasing :S
No dude ur speed can be increasing but the rate at which it's increasing can slow for eg a car increases his speed from 2 to 8 m/s in only 4sec but now he increases his speed from 8 to 10 in 4 sec this means he only increased his speed by 2 in 4 sec so his acceleration decreases yet his speed does increase at slower rate

Reaction score
no ........its slowly increasing...........eg- acceleration was 2.5 ms squared ok, so ur speed increases by 2.5 ms evry second, then acceleration decreases to, for example, 1ms squared, so ur speed increases, but only by 1 ms every second

Wow I'm sorry.. lol I don't know WHY I am still online.
Starting to mix up simple things now.. ugh.. yeah your right , my bad x(

Reaction score
what is the difference between the accelerating anode and the focusing anode in the cathode ray ossiloscope????
accelerationg anode only accelerates the electrons ... it has high dc voltage connected across it ! focuscing anode makes the electrons in a beam ! usally they both r intergrated n made into one

Reaction score
Asking once again has anyone cum across a really difficult question I wana solve it incase I've missed pleaseee

Moi

Reaction score
u need 2 noe dat resistance is directly proportional 2 length: l increases so r increases, & resistance is invrsly proportional 2 area, area decreases, resistance increases.
diameter is halved, so (hope u nderstand dis.) by pie r^2, area will b multiplied by 2^2 = 4. {the 2 is here coz u halved d diameter}

so resistance increases to 4*4, = 16 ohms.

now refer 2 d qn, they have current as 0.3A, so actually the resistance= v/i = 1.8/0.3 = 6 ohms
so 4 d ratio, u do resistance of what u need, the actual 1: resistance of r calculated hypothesis, which assumes original length.
= 6/16 =0.375

hope u understood, i noe im a horrible xplainer, n refer to ms, its v helpful.
all d best(y)
but we don't know the diameter inorder to know how much it'll be after it halfed, so why you put the radias as 2 ??

Reaction score
Asking once again has anyone cum across a really difficult question I wana solve it incase I've missed pleaseee
dunno idf its diff but plz xplain 9 (c)(i) , also they've given valur in Kelvin n not C , what 2 do?

Reaction score
but we don't know the diameter inorder to know how much it'll be after it halfed, so why you put the radias as 2 ??
in the QN its mentioned dat diameter is halved!!! so radius inverse of 1/2 is 2? u then square it 2 NOE THE RESISTANCE.
hope u got it.