• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I need help real quick.. ..

it's 0625_s10_qp_32 question number 9 section b (i)
why is the resistance 2 ohm but not 6/11??
shouldn't the circuit be a parallel ? please hellllp

Reaction score

Reaction score

I am guessing I am late but still...
Untitled.png

And current favours the path where there is low resistance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Physics Problem...
A uniform metal tube of length 5m and mass 9kg is suspended horizontally by two vertical wires attached at 50 cm and 150 cm respectively from the ends of the tube. Find the tension in each wire.
Hope you can help ^-^

Call the tensions in the two wires A and B newtons respectively. Take moments about one of the points where the wire is attached to the beam. If this is where the A force acts, then its moment will be zero and you can apply the principle of moments to find B. Once you have B you can simply use the fact that the total upward force is equal to the total downward force. In this case A + B = 9g newtons. Job done.

Reaction score
Can anyone give me source where I can find sample and model answers to Planning Questions (last Question) to paper 6 (IGCSE) . I found a very useful video in this link below.
Can anyone suggest anything more.

Reaction score
I need help with something in physics I hope I can still post my doubt can someone please explain sensitivity,range,speed of response and linearity what affects them in the LIG thermometer

Reaction score
I have a question. PLEASE HELP. TOMORROW IS MY EXAM. Why is the answer C ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Hello! I am having problems in the Unit of Electromagnetism in Physics, I have doubts in b), bii), biii) and biv)
I have done A and C, can anyone help me
Can anyone mention the answers?Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 1.52.54 PM.png

Reaction score
Hello! I am having problems in the Unit of Electromagnetism in Physics, I have doubts in b), bii), biii) and biv)
I have done A and C, can anyone help me
Can anyone mention the answers?View attachment 65039
if XY is moved horizontally in any direction, no magnetic field lines will be cut therefore no change would be observed on the pointer.
However, if XY is moved up and down repeatedly at right angles to the magnetic field, the magnetic field lines are cut and current is produced because the magnetic lines of force are applying a force on the free electrons in the conductor and causing them to move. So the answers will be:

(i) no change
(ii) no change
(iii) no change
(iv) pointer flickers between A and B