• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Explain why the combustion of waste crop material should not alter the percentage
of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

Reaction score
Explain why the combustion of waste crop material should not alter the percentage
of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
Because the crops photosynthesized while they were alive, therefore the CO2 that goes into the atmosphere when they are burnt only cancels out the CO2 the crops took out via photosynthesis.

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_s11_qp_62.pdf
Question 5, I totally get scared when I see this type of questions, and they always come.
I couldn't figure out whats the solid, etc.
So could you tell me what shall I study for this question? I have studied Testing for anions/cations (sulfate ions/carbonate ions/nitrate ions), Identifying gasses, Metal ions, etc..
They have told above that the solid V is insoluble that means when the mixture is filtered it will be as a residue.
Than they have shown the tests on residue ,first is by lime water ,it turned milky that means its a carbonate and secondaly bu adding NaOH and ammonia ,with NaOH it gave a white precipitate which is insolube and with ammonia it gave no precipitate ,that means it is Calcium as calcium gives a slight or no precipitate with ammonia.

You have to remember the flame tests,the effect of adding ammonia and NaOH,the sulfate ions ,carbonates,chlorides.iodides,nitrates.And gases test for H2,Oxygen ,chlorine,ammonia and try remembering the litmus paper colors.

Reaction score
For CHEMISTRY PAPER 6 TO GET A*, STUDY :-
1. All the labeling and names of apparatus
2. Learn and revise CATION AND ANION again and again
3. Preparation of soluble salt, insoluble salt, titration and Precipitation method (step by step which gives examiner a good impression and sometimes bonus marks)
4.Reaction of Acid with basis , carbonate, salt
5. Learn pH scale by color and example of strong or weak acid
6. Chromatography, filtration, Crystallization, to separate solvent from solution by distillation, Fractional Distillation
7. Rate of Reaction and effect of increasing surface area, concentration, temperation, suitable catalytst and light
8. Photography by Silverbromide and Photosynthesis equations
9. Equilabrium and Energy change in reversible reaction
10. Solid, liquid and gasses states and properties.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :)

Reaction score
There was a questions about appearance of some compounds lets say Potassium Iodide.
Since I haven't done much practicals, is there any list that contains useful paper 6 compound colors?

Reaction score
Quick question: if I'm asked to write observations when excess aqueous sodium hydroxide is added to an iron (III) salt solution, should I say 'ppt. is insoluble in excess' or 'no change in excess'? The mark scheme of O/N 2003 says 'no change in excess'...

Reaction score
Quick question: if I'm asked to write observations when excess aqueous sodium hydroxide is added to an iron (III) salt solution, should I say 'ppt. is insoluble in excess' or 'no change in excess'? The mark scheme of O/N 2003 says 'no change in excess'...
better to write no change or insoluble in excess, =]

Reaction score
If anybody has any doubt in chemistry paper 6 , inbox me or tag me here,
Best of luck everybody =]