• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
If I lost up to 15 marks in my chemistry exam, is it still an A* ?
Depends on grade threshold
There have been exams where threshold is less than 45/60 but that's rare, it's usually 47-50/60. Maximum was 54/60
It depends how hard the paper was and how many people score low (that's how they choose grade, by plotting it on curve and stuff).
Last year variant 1 A* was 40/60
Just try hard to study for paper 1 and 3 and you can make up for it and inshallah get an A* :) Paper 6 is only 20% out of 100, so losing 15 marks is only a loss of 5%; you still have a chance.

Reaction score
but y did u take 0.17? and 0.78 istead 0.20 and 0.75
Because the pivot is not at the center of P, it's on the left corner
The distance between W and the center of P is 0.2 - so you have to take away the distance between the center of P and it's corner, which is 0.06/2 = 0.03
On the other hand the distance between the weight and the center of P is 0.75 - however, we need the distance between the weight of the plank and the left corner so we add 0.03

Moi

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me how the generator and motor work ?? and the whole commutator and slip/split rings thigy !! PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Please explain the right hand grip rule and fleming left hand rule
Left hand rule:
left-hand-rule.jpg

So as long as you know two of them, you can find the other.
E.g. if you know magnetic field and direction of current, just put your fingers in those directions and however you have to twist your hand to do so will show direction with thumb
Right Hand grip Rule:
There's two, one is for a current carrying wire, where the fingers show the direction of the field:
right-hand-grip-rule-physics-i11.jpg

The other is for a solenoid, where you put your fingers in the direction of the current and the thumb shows the north pole:
Right-Hand-Grip-Rules2.png

Reaction score
Left hand rule:
left-hand-rule.jpg

So as long as you know two of them, you can find the other.
E.g. if you know magnetic field and direction of current, just put your fingers in those directions and however you have to twist your hand to do so will show direction with thumb
Right Hand grip Rule:
There's two, one is for a current carrying wire, where the fingers show the direction of the field:
right-hand-grip-rule-physics-i11.jpg

The other is for a solenoid, where you put your fingers in the direction of the current and the thumb shows the north pole:
Right-Hand-Grip-Rules2.png
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much !!!!!!!!! :D

Reaction score
PLZ HEEEEELLPP

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w08_qp_03.pdf
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w08_ms_3.pdf
q 1 d ii) my answer was 0.72 but it was wrong although i used speed=dist/time the correct answer was 0.36 WHYYYY why did u divide by 2??????????

q 5 c) how do we get the answer????? WE SHOULD ADD THE MINUTES (4) AND ADD THE MASSES why did we subtract 16.3 - 2.1 and why did we use 2 minutes not 4 minutes?????? plzzzzz help me :cry:

Reaction score
PLZ HEEEEELLPP

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w08_qp_03.pdf
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w08_ms_3.pdf
q 1 d ii) my answer was 0.72 but it was wrong although i used speed=dist/time the correct answer was 0.36 WHYYYY why did u divide by 2??????????

q 5 c) how do we get the answer????? WE SHOULD ADD THE MINUTES (4) AND ADD THE MASSES why did we subtract 16.3 - 2.1 and why did we use 2 minutes not 4 minutes?????? plzzzzz help me :cry:
Q1 d ii wat did u use for speed?