• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
PHYSICS:
The shock wave from the earthquake travels at 2.5 × 10
m / s.
The centre of the earthquake is 6.0 × 10
m from the coast of a country.
Calculate how much warning of the arrival of the tsunami at the coast is given by the
earth tremor felt at the coast.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SOLVE THIS QUESTION ....IT WAS 4 MARKS???

Reaction score
can anybody please tell me ,that in a transformer,v tend to decrease the resistance and current,to avoid power loses,but wont the decreasing of resistance ,increae the current??:confused:

Reaction score
b)i) 4 minutes (because this is when the difference between sight/sound is smallest)
ii)Because the difference between hearing/seeing was never 0 seconds (because the scientists aren't dead is unfortunately not a correct answer. D:)
iii) Speed = Distance/Time = 1200/3.6=333.33m/s
iv) The assumption is that light reaches the scientists instantaneously
Meh sry i meant question 11 b lol question 7 is simple

Reaction score
OPS I mean question 11 b lol sorry.

So when u have a longer coil, the current is more and when there is a shorter coil as there is less resistance, the current is lesser. V = A*R so 1.8 = x*y if x is reduced then y should have increased which is resistance as the first coil is longer :)

Reaction score
ANALOGUE IS THE VALUE OF CURRENT OR VOLTAGE WITHIN A CERTAIN RANGE IN A CURCUIT...WHILE DIGITAL IS AN EXACT NUMBER VALUE OF CURRENT AND VOLTAGE IN A CURCUIT....

Reaction score
So when u have a longer coil, the current is more and when there is a shorter coil as there is less resistance, the current is lesser. V = A*R so 1.8 = x*y if x is reduced then y should have increased which is resistance as the first coil is longer :)
WRONG lol, he wants a ratio check the answer

Reaction score
can anybody please tell me ,that in a transformer,v tend to decrease the resistance and current,to avoid power loses,but wont the decreasing of resistance ,increae the current??:confused:
plxxxxxxxxx