• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
An excess of copper oxide is added to the acid, meaning that the salt is added in such quantities that no more of the salt can dissolve in it anymore i.e the acid has become saturated.
im sorry i dont understand :confused:

Maz

Reaction score
any one :/ :/
10) small tip about balancing - always keep the balancing of oxygen and hydrogen for the last.
13) you have to know the electrolysis of molten lead bromide.
14) Since both of them are positive.
15) sorry.
16) Using fuels is always exothermic and hydrogen is oxidised to H2O, uranium only emits radiation which is used, it is not oxidised.

Reaction score
10) small tip about balancing - always keep the balancing of oxygen and hydrogen for the last.
15) sorry.
16) Using fuels is always exothermic and hydrogen is oxidised to H2O, uranium only emits radiation which is used, it is not oxidised.
and also 17) copper oxide always forms copper after heating
18) the most reactive is never reduced :)

Reaction score
15) sorry.
thank uuuu

Reaction score
Can anyone help me?
An excess of copper(II) oxide is added to dilute sulfuric acid to make crystals of hydrated
copper(II) sulfate.
The processes listed may be used to obtain crystals of hydrated copper(II) sulfate.
1 concentrate the resulting solution
2 filter
3 heat the crystals
4 wash the crystals
Which processes are needed and in which order?
A 1, 2, 3 and 4
B 1, 2, 4 and 3
C 2, 1, 2 and 3
D 2, 1, 2 and 4
i know that the answer is D because 3 should NOT be involved , but other than that.. could some1 explain?

Maz

Reaction score
Can anyone help me?
An excess of copper(II) oxide is added to dilute sulfuric acid to make crystals of hydrated
copper(II) sulfate.
The processes listed may be used to obtain crystals of hydrated copper(II) sulfate.
1 concentrate the resulting solution
2 filter
3 heat the crystals
4 wash the crystals
Which processes are needed and in which order?
A 1, 2, 3 and 4
B 1, 2, 4 and 3
C 2, 1, 2 and 3
D 2, 1, 2 and 4
i know that the answer is D because 3 should NOT be involved , but other than that.. could some1 explain?
That itself disqualifies all the other 3 options.
Other than that, (A & B) , why should one concentrate an already saturated solution for crystallization?