• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
question number 6,9 and 11 need the answers and explanation to them as well

Attachments

• 0625_w07_qp_3.pdf
    254.5 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
I have a physics doubt... hope u can solve it for me...!

A tsunami is a giant water wave. It may be caused by an earthquake below the ocean. Waves from a certain tsunami have a wavelength of 1.9*10^5 m and a speed of 240m/s. The shock wave from the earthquake travels at 2.5*10^3 m/s. The center of the earthquake is 6.0*10^5 m from the coast of a country. Calculate how much warning of the arrival of the tsunami at the coast if given by the earth tremor felt at the coast.

Reaction score
What type of questions generally come for organic chemistry ?? What all do we need to know?
in ppr 3 all structural formulas r asked.........u neeed to all functional groups,all links,combustion of a named hydrcarbon.differenciation between addition and condensation polymerisation.drawing monomers and polymers.hope this is helpful........:)

Reaction score
question number 6,9 and 11 need the answers and explanation to them as well
6.a)For O: its a mirror so d image shud b approx. d same dist. on d right of d mirror as O is to d right
For P: P is between focus n lens, so virtual image is formed
b)i)If the rays do not actually converge but appear to come from the image point, the image is called virtual. it cannot b captured on a screen
ii) both r erect, ie. dey arent vertically inverted
iii)d image in d mirror is on d oder side bt fr d lens its on d same side

9.a) it is when a magnetic field is cut by a conductor and an e.m.f is generated
b)sumwhat lyk dis
download.jpg
c) when moving a magnet in and out of d solenoid, der is a deflection on d meter
d) move magnet faster
use a stronger magnet

11.a)a bit confusing
i. take d background radiation n record its value
ii. place d beta source n take d readin on d counter
iii. repeat with placin 1 sheet of Al each tym
iv. subtract back. radiation frm oder readings

b)count reduces as thickness increases n finally no b-particles can penetrate,ie. back. radiation value

Reaction score
I have a physics doubt... hope u can solve it for me...!

A tsunami is a giant water wave. It may be caused by an earthquake below the ocean. Waves from a certain tsunami have a wavelength of 1.9*10^5 m and a speed of 240m/s. The shock wave from the earthquake travels at 2.5*10^3 m/s. The center of the earthquake is 6.0*10^5 m from the coast of a country. Calculate how much warning of the arrival of the tsunami at the coast if given by the earth tremor felt at the coast.
time taken fr tremor:6 *10^5/2.5*10^3 = 240s
=>time fr tsunami = 6*10^5/240 = 2500s
warning tym = time fr tsunami - time fr tremor = 2500 - 240 = 2260s
i hope its correct

Reaction score
Two draw isomers, you need to take these three things into account:

1- Position of a functional group
2- Changing the functional group using the given atoms
3- Changing the chain structure

That gives you at least three different isomers every time.

Reaction score
guys whats should be the valencies for the transition metals? i know that each element have different valences, but whats the valency that we should use in solving equations for example? as i remember they were 2 or 3 but silver is 1 ??

Reaction score
guys whats should be the valencies for the transition metals? i know that each element have different valences, but whats the valency that we should use in solving equations for example? as i remember they were 2 or 3 but silver is 1 ??
For transition metals valency consider the roman numer in brackets as a valency..dont predict valency tht u hv read somewhere

Reaction score
thnx :) . sorry but how to calculate the Empirical Formula ??
First note down the mass of rach element seperately.then divide it by Mr tht u find in periodic table.
There are chances tht the value is in decimal like 0.25:0.5
In this divide both of thm by least no. that is 0.25.u should not hv answer of this ratio in decimal so balance it accordingly.
Hope this helps