• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
1) electrolysis and cell - flows from positive to negative?
2) diff between molecules and particles? In chem, we use the term particles, mostly (?)
3) uranium 235 - broken down into.... Ba and ?

Reaction score
Guys !!! Our Bio p6 Exam is coming up !! i wanted to ask if someone could help me in identifying errors in a method . I solve almost the entire paper correctly but when it comes to pointing out the sources of error I MESS UP :mad: Thanks :)

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_w05_qp_6.pdf
q1- b (i) they r askin to plot "chnge in mean length of potatoe" at d y axis..so i m confused which values to take??? mean length or change in length :/
Q 2(A) i where will we mark radicle nd plumule :/
q 2 (b) how to do that experiment :/
PLS HELP ASAP
take the mean length , it clearly says MEAN LENGTH / MM !! and for X-AXIS Mark conc. og glucose !! The column on the left hand side !! It says clearly in the question !! You need to read it thoroughly also check out this link http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_w05_er.pdf

Reaction score
am in ksa starts from 11 a.m. u have to reach there til 10.30 latest.....pm starts at 3.00 p.m u have to reach there 2.30 latest!!
omg you are so lucky your paper is after mine like it starts after me

Reaction score
an engineering machine has a piston which is going up and down approximately 75 time per minute describe carefully how a stopwatch may be used to find accurately the time for one up and down cycle of piston

Reaction score
an engineering machine has a piston which is going up and down approximately 75 time per minute describe carefully how a stopwatch may be used to find accurately the time for one up and down cycle of piston
time about 150 cycles and divide this value by 150 this is the time for one cycle...
hope it was helpful :)

Reaction score
Can you please explain how a transistor works? :)

My exam is on 09/05/2013, please help !

a transistor works only when its 3 terminals are connected in a circuit with the emitter arrow in the direction of conventional current.......it can be used as a switch by controlling the voltage across its base either by suplying a new battery or using a potential divider arrangement....and Tim i think u have a misconception on 9 its p6 and u don't need to know about transistors in p6........anyways good luck and i hope i wuz helpful...:D

Reaction score
a transistor works only when its 3 terminals are connected in a circuit with the emitter arrow in the direction of conventional current.......it can be used as a switch by controlling the voltage across its base either by suplying a new battery or using a potential divider arrangement....and Tim i think u have a misconception on 9 its p6 and u don't need to know about transistors in p6........anyways good luck and i hope i wuz helpful...:D
is it must that the base current is more 0.6 :/