• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Iridescent yes ur rite..platinum ofcourse does conducts electricity....evn nabeel brws suggestion is rite....newys lets wait n c his explanation..lol

Reaction score
Hi
Could someone pls tell me the best books for Bio, Physics and Chemistry?
I have about an year for preparing so should I learn from two books or just one?
Thanx

Reaction score
waiting over here is the explaination
PLATINIUM MOSTLY CONTAINS''D'' SUBSHELL RESULTING IN LESS SHEILDING EFFECT , AS A RESULT OF LOWER SHEILDING EFFECT THE NUCLEUS HAVE STRONG ATTRACTIVE FORCES TOWARDS ITS ALL ELECTRONS AND SO THE EECTRONS ARE UNALBLE TO FLOW OR BE ATTRACTED BY ANY OTHER ATOM.
YES THEY DO R USED IN ELECTROLYSIS BUT AS INERT ELECTRODES WHICH DONOT DONATE ELECTRONS BUT ACTUALLY ACCEPT THEM
so here is the explaination , any questions so I ll ask my professor :)

Reaction score
waiting over here is the explaination
PLATINIUM MOSTLY CONTAINS''D'' SUBSHELL RESULTING IN LESS SHEILDING EFFECT , AS A RESULT OF LOWER SHEILDING EFFECT THE NUCLEUS HAVE STRONG ATTRACTIVE FORCES TOWARDS ITS ALL ELECTRONS AND SO THE EECTRONS ARE UNALBLE TO FLOW OR BE ATTRACTED BY ANY OTHER ATOM.
YES THEY DO R USED IN ELECTROLYSIS BUT AS INERT ELECTRODES WHICH DONOT DONATE ELECTRONS BUT ACTUALLY ACCEPT THEM
so here is the explaination , any questions so I ll ask my professor :)

Electrodes let electricity pass through them. If Platinum doesn't, how can electrolysis even take place. How will the electricity reach the electrolyte?

Reaction score
Electrodes let electricity pass through them. If Platinum doesn't, how can electrolysis even take place. How will the electricity reach the electrolyte?
brother i mentioned dat platinium acts as an inert electrode which attracts the electrons , it in no way allows electricity to pass through them , thx phenomina which u r saying would happen in the case when electrode allows its electrons to move but platinium doesnot allow thx and so is used as inert electrode

Reaction score
brother i mentioned dat platinium acts as an inert electrode which attracts the electrons , it in no way allows electricity to pass through them , thx phenomina which u r saying would happen in the case when electrode allows its electrons to move but platinium doesnot allow thx and so is used as inert electrode

If the current doesn't pass, that means electrolysis hasn't taken place at all.

Reaction score
guyz I m nt really a scientist and wtever she said meant something which I m unable to make u people understand , if schools were going on so I must had brought 4 u people a complete explaination on thx point , I ll try my level best to get u guyz its full electrolysis ,platinium explaination

Reaction score
guyz I m nt really a scientist and wtever she said meant something which I m unable to make u people understand , if schools were going on so I must had brought 4 u people a complete explaination on thx point , I ll try my level best to get u guyz its full electrolysis ,platinium explaination

Thanks for your efforts. :)

Reaction score
Which reaction is more exothermic: Magnesium+Sulfur or Potassium+Fluorine ? The book says it's Potassium+Fluorine but can someone please explain why ? Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Which reaction is more exothermic: Magnesium+Sulfur or Potassium+Fluorine ? The book says it's Potassium+Fluorine but can someone please explain why ? Thanks in advance :)

Both the reactions are exothermic. The reaction which is more rapid and violent is the one which releases more energy. Potassium is more reactive than Magnesium and Flourine is more reactive than Sulfur. Thus, Potassium and Flourine will react more readily than Magnesium and Sulfur. Therefore, the reaction between Potassium and Flourine is more exothermic.

Reaction score
Both the reactions are exothermic. The reaction which is more rapid and violent is the one which releases more energy. Potassium is more reactive than Magnesium and Flourine is more reactive than Sulfur. Thus, Potassium and Flourine will react more readily than Magnesium and Sulfur. Therefore, the reaction between Potassium and Flourine is more exothermic.

Thanks a million :)