• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone give me some online sources for bio/physics/chem besides the bbc bitesize? I want something with extra details, not just a summary of the chapter.

thanks

Reaction score
Describe the processes by which energy is converted from one form to another,including refernce to
(1) chemical/feul energy (a re-grouping of atoms)
(2) hydroelelctric generation ( emphasising the mechanical energies involved)
(3) solar energy (nuclei of atoms in the sun)
(4) nuclear energy
(5) geothermal energy
(6) wid energy
Plz help
Can anybody explain?

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the question says LAMPS and as far as i know lamp has a symbol
images

Reaction score
my chem book says dat in extraction of iron from its ore
CaCO3 == CaO + CO2 by decomposition
but carbonates of calcium donot decompose ??

Reaction score
Reaction score
Why does pesticide accumulate more in an organism as the trophic level increases? It should decrease, right? Because some will be lost in excretion,respiration and all...

Reaction score
Why does pesticide accumulate more in an organism as the trophic level increases? It should decrease, right? Because some will be lost in excretion,respiration and all...
As time goes by, the harmful effects of the pesticides affect may parts of the body. When another organism feeds on it, it also gets it and it develops in its body ...
Energy decreases as the trophic level increases

Reaction score
the more the trophic level increases , the bio mass decreases n in other words it become more concentrated
like if a catterpillar has suppose 0.02 mg of pesticide in it , each bird feeds on many catterpillars so the concentration in its body is more than it is in the body of da catterpillar
hope thx helps :rolleyes: