• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics / Chemistry / Bio P5 help

Reaction score
How do draw a best fit line :c and is it nesscary that it should pass through origin ?
And for chemkstry when do we draw a best fit and when we draw a curve ?
No, the line of best fit does not necessarily have to pass through the origin.
If all the points lie on the line its well and good, but if it does not then there needs to be equal number of points on either side of the line. Extreme cases, where some points lie far away from the general best fit line occurs, especially in chem p5. Those points should be labelled as anomalies.

Depending on the scatter of points in the graph, you should make a straight line or a curve. (But in physics, I've never come across a curve, it's usually a best fit line)
Hope it helped :)

Reaction score
If all the points lie on the line its well and good, but if it does not then there needs to be equal number of points on either side of the line. Extreme cases, where some points lie far away from the general best fit line occurs, especially in chem p5. Those points should be labelled as anomalies.

Depending on the scatter of points in the graph, you should make a straight line or a curve. (But in physics, I've never come across a curve, it's usually a best fit line)
When we are expected to draw a curve ? (what type of question )

Reaction score
yes there are posts.i got it...can you help me with drawing figures in paper 5 in physics..i am confused.(M/J/10 paper 51 and 52)

Reaction score

Thank you

Reaction score
chem p5: I need help in oct/nov 2012 paper 51 Q1 plzzz
Physics p5: is the independent variable always in the x-axis ?

Hope you guys reply cuz there's no time :p Thanks

Reaction score
any luck with finding diagrams of (M/J/10 paper 51 and 52)
For 52/M/J/2010 Paper, my chemistry teacher gave;
a lie big condenser
conical flask with a plug(airtight) and thermometer with its bulb dipped halway in solution.
conical flask kept on tripod.
bunsen burner for heating.
and beaker to collect water.

Reaction score
someone please help me in physics o/n 52 2011 Question 2
I don't know how to rearrange the equation into y=mx+c.. I didn't take maths in AS or AL.. it's so tough for me to do calculations with log.
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a brief description about log and help me in solving this question for part (a) and (b)

Reaction score
someone please help me in physics o/n 52 2011 Question 2
I don't know how to rearrange the equation into y=mx+c.. I didn't take maths in AS or AL.. it's so tough for me to do calculations with log.
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a brief description about log and help me in solving this question for part (a) and (b)
http://www.purplemath.com/modules/logrules.htm
see what is given in y axis and what is given in x axis and the subsitute it in y=mx+c
Untitled.png

Reaction score
http://www.purplemath.com/modules/logrules.htm
see what is given in y axis and what is given in x axis and the subsitute it in y=mx+c
View attachment 41110
Have you gone through chem p5 notes posted earlier by zeebujha? i'm confused in the part wher it says...

When required to prepare 250 cm3 of 1 mol/dm3 solution of a crystal of Mr 50g

1. First realize that we need only 250 cm3, not 1 dm3

2. Now in 250 cm3 there will be: 50/4 = 12.5 g of the solid <--------- how is part of calculations done?

Reaction score
Have you gone through chem p5 notes posted earlier by zeebujha? i'm confused in the part wher it says...

When required to prepare 250 cm3 of 1 mol/dm3 solution of a crystal of Mr 50g

1. First realize that we need only 250 cm3, not 1 dm3

2. Now in 250 cm3 there will be: 50/4 = 12.5 g of the solid <--------- how is part of calculations done?
zeebujha notes are indeed very helpful but this part was confusing for me too:(