• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics doubts post here(after solving mine)

do you think extra time should be allowed for late commers with application?

• yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • donot know or care

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
You have to move the lens towards the object. This is because when the object comes closer the camera the focal length increases so we move the lens away from the screen. By doing this we increase the distance from the centre 0f the lens to the screen and hence can compensate for the increase in focal length. Hope you get this :D

Reaction score
You have to move the lens towards the object. This is because when the object comes closer the camera the focal length increases so we move the lens away from the screen. By doing this we increase the distance from the centre 0f the lens to the screen and hence can compensate for the increase in focal length. Hope you get this :D
still you further increase the focal length by moving it further

Reaction score
maybe I was not clear enough....I meant that when the object was on its original place the light from the object after being refracted by the lens were meeting on a point on the screen...but now when the object has moved closer the light from the object after being refracted by the lens is going to meet at a point towards the right of the screen (refer to the diagram is the question) so we move the lens closer the object so that the distance between the lens and the screen increases and the light from the object after being refracted by the lens meet at the screen again.

Reaction score
People I got so many doubts in this stupid paper...It was quiet hard actually.... its October 2003
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w03_qp_1.pdf
plzzzz urgent any1 help me in Q3 why the answer is A ? :/ and
Q14 why answer is D ?
Q21 ,Q26 and Q27 ??/ :( plzzz helppp exam after tmrw ...!!
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
Q3...well the answer is A bcoz the car is accelerating...which means it is increasing in speed....for instance if you are driving a car...at first you will take longer time to travel a specific distance...but later when you are on a "constant"speed you will take normal time...so yeah!

Q14 this is bcoz the particles in a solid are vibrating...they aren't stationary! they move very slowly so we can't say it is stationary!

Q21 When you throw a stone in water...the place where the stone is thrown, it will be deep and the place "nearest" to it will be most shallow! (try doing it, if you don't get it :p)

Q26 The pole produced at the end of the stroke is "always" the opposite of the stroking pole..

Q27 The ball is attracted to the magnet, so it will move towards it!

now get it..or still any doubt? :)