• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics exam 31 came from heeeeeel!!!!! What is wrong CIE

Reaction score
Re: Physics exam 31 came from heeeeeel!!!!! What is wrong CI

haha , i answered that in the last 10 sec , put gradient on top / a random value from the graph :p ( to do with acc )

Reaction score

You guys! The gradient was the mass since Mass = Force/Acceleration which was the gradient! The gradient was Force/Acceleration which equals MASS. It took me 5 minutes to think of that. I couldn't get it the 1st time, the 2nd time, or the 3rd. I kept going over the test millions of times until I forced myself to get the answer to that question. I had a sharp look at the Force = Mass x Acceleration and the graph which was what I used for the gradient (which was (y2-y2)/(x2-x1) OR (change in Force)/(change in Acceleration)). When I noticed that I quickly thought to myself, oh wait a minute, NOW I GET IT. If the gradient was Force/Acceleration then it must be Mass, so I used the gradient value (which was I think 5.71) for the Mass.
I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Reaction score

Yoyo1994 said:
You guys! The gradient was the mass since Mass = Force/Acceleration which was the gradient! The gradient was Force/Acceleration which equals MASS. It took me 5 minutes to think of that. I couldn't get it the 1st time, the 2nd time, or the 3rd. I kept going over the test millions of times until I forced myself to get the answer to that question. I had a sharp look at the Force = Mass x Acceleration and the graph which was what I used for the gradient (which was (y2-y2)/(x2-x1) OR (change in Force)/(change in Acceleration)). When I noticed that I quickly thought to myself, oh wait a minute, NOW I GET IT. If the gradient was Force/Acceleration then it must be Mass, so I used the gradient value (which was I think 5.71) for the Mass.

Makes sense! good job :p

Reaction score

Ahmooosh said:
Yoyo1994 said:

Reaction score

Divalicious said:
@Ahmooosh
Yep, you'll get 1.1 cm3 for the bubble volume but what about the following question?
I wrote that the calculated volume is less than the actual.
HELL YEAH BRO!!! 1.1cm3 !! Wohoooo!!

Reaction score

Ahmooosh said:

That's the same thing i said early on :p. Well , confirmation is nice anyways.

Reaction score

@Yoyo1994
Correct me if I'm wrong but, you're saying they're giving us 2 marks to write what we already calculated in another question? And they even said 'use your value for the gradient' I don;t think they meant copy the exact thing here again xD

Reaction score

I did the same dival. I know it's weird , but i can't think of any other way. the calculation of the mass from the values in the table produced un even mass. And of course there was initial static friction to consider which would mean that we're taking into account the force of friction as if it was Mass. But the gradiant subtracted that force then got the remaining force divided by the acceleration which accounts for mass only , not friction.
And the reason that the mass was uneven (it should have been , even with friction) is probably because of bad measurement , that's why the best fit line is good here , because this way we get the average calculated.

Reaction score

Divalicious said:
@Yoyo1994
Correct me if I'm wrong but, you're saying they're giving us 2 marks to write what we already calculated in another question? And they even said 'use your value for the gradient' I don;t think they meant copy the exact thing here again xD
Yeah looool :p

Reaction score

unplugged said:
Ahmooosh said:

That's the same thing i said early on :p. Well , confirmation is nice anyways.
Oh you did? I'm sorry if you got pissed... :(

Reaction score

I actually did both myself. In the answer area I wrote the gradient again.
But in the 'working' area I calculated mass using F=ma from one of the values in the table. Will I get the mark? xD

Reaction score

hey guys what did you get for the resistance for the variable resistor?

Reaction score

Calculate it using the voltage given in text not drawing. Can't remember.
And about the optic fibre stomach illumination stuff, is that stuff even in our syllabus/books?

Reaction score

I wrote it was shiny :D. Wrote it while the invigilator was pulling the paper from me. I think the stomach is either dark except for a certain point or the light coming from the fibre optic is being reflected inside and illuminated shit.

Reaction score

Divalicious said:
Calculate it using the voltage given in text not drawing. Can't remember.
And about the optic fibre stomach illumination stuff, is that stuff even in our syllabus/books?
No. No, No, No, No and No. This test was messed up. Most didn't come on the syllabus. :x :x :x :x :x EXAMINERS :x :x :x :x :x
It's not fair! =@

Reaction score

unplugged said:
I wrote it was shiny :D. Wrote it while the invigilator was pulling the paper from me. I think the stomach is either dark except for a certain point or the light coming from the fibre optic is being reflected inside and illuminated shit.
lol! I said that the stomach reflected the light back! :D

Reaction score

Well overall I think the exam wasn't bad as everyone thinks. My whole class was kinda depressed and I was the only one happy about it lol.
Perhaps cuz it was more of my type of exams, more calculations less explanations :D

Reaction score

What else is there to talk about/discuss? It was a 20 page test and I can't remember anything that was on there! I don't know what is wrong with me. When someone talks about something I begin to remember...

Reaction score

The tsunami/earthquake xD
I calculated (time for tsunami to reach shores) - (time of earthquakes to reach shores)