• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: help me please :cry:

Reaction score
What are the scalars and vectors with all examples ?

what are the renewable sources of energy and non-renewable?

important formulas for the motion stuff like acceleration etc

Reaction score
What are the scalars and vectors with all examples ?

what are the renewable sources of energy and non-renewable?

important formulas for the motion stuff like acceleration etc

Scalars are quantities with magnitude only. eg- speed gives you the number/magnitude but you wont know the direction that object is moving in.
Vectors are quantities with magnitude and direction. eg- velocity gives you both the direction as well as magnitude of the object moving.

Renewable sources of energy are those that are will not finish off....like wind....it's never going to finish! or light
Non renewables surces of energy are those that are going to finish one day...like coal or any other fossil fuel

you can find all the important notes and formulas attached :D
Hope i helped....if you have any other doubt feel free to ask me :D

Attachments

• PHYSICS NOTES REVISION.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
Reaction score
Scalars are quantities with magnitude only. eg- speed gives you the number/magnitude but you wont know the direction that object is moving in.
Vectors are quantities with magnitude and direction. eg- velocity gives you both the direction as well as magnitude of the object moving.

Renewable sources of energy are those that are will not finish off....like wind....it's never going to finish! or light
Non renewables surces of energy are those that are going to finish one day...like coal or any other fossil fuel

you can find all the important notes and formulas attached :D
Hope i helped....if you have any other doubt feel free to ask me :D

thank u sis it really helps :)

i just have another question is there is any relation between acceleration and speed ?

Reaction score
welcome :)
yup........if the speed increases......the object is accelerating. If the speed is constant the acceleration is zero. Speed is the same as velocity though there is no direction in it but yeah they are same in the sense of mangnitude. Acceleration is the change in velocity over a given period of time so they are linked.
thank u sis it really helps :)

i just have another question is there is any relation between acceleration and speed ?

Reaction score
welcome :)
yup........if the speed increases......the object is accelerating. If the speed is constant the acceleration is zero. Speed is the same as velocity though there is no direction in it but yeah they are same in the sense of mangnitude. Acceleration is the change in velocity over a given period of time so they are linked.
So that means if the speed increased the acceleration increase but if it decrease the accelration also decreases :) thanks

sorry last question what is meant by magnitude?

Reaction score
no if the speed increases the acceleration wont increase...it will be constant......if the speed decreases the decceleration wont decrease..it will be contant.
magnitude is a unit or number such as 40 kg is a mass and 40 is the number
or 37 m/s...37 is the magnitude

Reaction score
no if the speed increases the acceleration wont increase...it will be constant......if the speed decreases the decceleration wont decrease..it will be contant.
magnitude is a unit or number such as 40 kg is a mass and 40 is the number
or 37 m/s...37 is the magnitude
okay kind of confused but i guess i got it thanka

Reaction score
r u sure u got it?? clear all your confusions before entering the exam hall!

Reaction score
i feel like it's going to be easy InshaAllah! cuz the pastpapers are all easy except for that they add one or two questions that are different and tricky otherwise the rest of the paper is usually easy!