• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Help Paper . [Calculations Questions]

Reaction score
Guys I do the pastpapers and I get through it. But when I check it with Markscheme, they use different formula for finding same thing (SUVAT equations) and my answer is close to their but not same.
Will my marks be deducted or is there a way to know which Equation to use. Please help. Since paper is in less than 12 hrs.

Reaction score
Guys I do the pastpapers and I get through it. But when I check it with Markscheme, they use different formula for finding same thing (SUVAT equations) and my answer is close to their but not same.
Will my marks be deducted or is there a way to know which Equation to use. Please help. Since paper is in less than 12 hrs.
No u can use any of the formulas and it is not the same because maybe you are rounding of the answers in the middle incorrectly which makes it not the same as they have given
Keep your answers in the middle to 4 significant number give only the final answer to 3 significant numbers
Your answers will be more accurate

Reaction score
No u can use any of the formulas and it is not the same because maybe you are rounding of the answers in the middle incorrectly which makes it not the same as they have given
Keep your answers in the middle to 4 significant number give only the final answer to 3 significant numbers
Your answers will be more accurate
Thank You Omar. Will try again!

Reaction score
Could u tell me any particular question u tried whose answer u don't get I will see try to solve it to get the answer in ms
try to do oct.nov/2014/v21 and q 2) b ) part 1 and 2.....is there any general formula for finding uncertainties ?
upload_2015-5-14_1-39-22.png

Reaction score
try to do oct.nov/2014/v21 and q 2) b ) part 1 and 2.....is there any general formula for finding uncertainties ?
View attachment 53650
I m sure u can use Pressure = Force/Area where Force = Weight = mg = 5.09*9.81
And Area is the cross-sectional area of the cylinder; Pi*(r^2) or [Pi*(d^2)]/4 in this case
n then let Uncertainty in Pressure = ΔP, Uncertainty in mass = Δm and Uncertainty in Diameter = Δd
Because Pi, 2 and g(9.81) are universal constants and not measurements we don't account for errors in them.
And for formulae involving 2 quantities being multiplied or divided, we find their fractional uncertainties and add them.

So,
ΔP/P = Δm/m + Δd/d
ΔP = (Δm/m + Δd/d)*P
Put in the values and Voila!! U r done. I hope it helped.