• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics help PLEASE!

Reaction score
Can you help explain the following few questions please!
Thanks in advance!!!!

34edyyf.jpg

2nkuaok.jpg

vo98iv.jpg

2mrdz6a.jpg

Reaction score
In question number 40:- i guess its D-Be because it do have largest electronic orbital among-est all and hence it is slow in orbital revolution.

20:- A because tension always lies just below the weight and compression lies just above it.

23:B i guess its B.

37:- C i guess its C because its length is suppose to be equal.

Reaction score
Hey! Glad you managed to get them explained, but could you explain the first one to me? How is it Lithium and not Berylium? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hey! Glad you managed to get them explained, but could you explain the first one to me? How is it Lithium and not Berylium? Thanks!
F = ma

We know that E = F/Q, therefore F = EQ

Hence,

ma = EQ
a = EQ/m

E is a constant, so:

a = Q/m

Find the charge : mass ratio for all of the options and see which one is the smallest. Charge is the proton number and mass is the nucleon number. This is the lowest for Beryllium.

I hope this helped. :)

Reaction score
That was amazing mate, thanks! Really helped! If you're not busy do you mind explaining the wave question on this thread (the third picture), I keep getting questions based on the direction motion of particles of a transverse wave and I never get them right, thanks again

Reaction score
That was amazing mate, thanks! Really helped! If you're not busy do you mind explaining the wave question on this thread (the third picture), I keep getting questions based on the direction motion of particles of a transverse wave and I never get them right, thanks again
Yeah, sure. You see, the strings on the waves are in simple harmonic motion. In this, the speed is maximum at the centre and zero at the maximum displacement (think of it as a pendulum bob). At the furthest point from the centre, the particles have maximum acceleration. So using this information, D is the answer and the rest are wrong.