• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey,
I need help understanding this particular question. I know its easy but i just need re-assuring since the MS doesn't act human ;)

Heres the link:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0625 - Physics/0625_w10_qp_61.pdf

Question 4, (a) part 3

is the question telling to continue it in a straight line or bend it at a normal?
Thankx to whoever answers it :)

Also is the Continuation of line EF supposed to be straight or bend towards NN'??

Reaction score
In answering this question, you need to know what happens to a light ray as it enters the transparent block. This type of question is why I always tell my students to read the question completely before attempting it.

I recommend answering in this manner:

1. Draw a line through P3 & P4 until it reaches side CD. Lets call H the intersection of this line and side CD. This is part of the answer to 4(a)iii.

2. Measure the distance from E to H.

3. Using a ruler, mark (I) on AB where an extension of line N'N would have intercected it.

4. Measure half the distance EH from I, in the direction of B. This point is called G, according to the question.

5. Join E & G with a straight line. This is the answer for 4(a)ii.

6. Join G & H with a straight line. This is the remainder of the answer for 4(a)iii.

In direct answer to your question, as you can see it bends at the normal. :) The question is telling you to draw the line where a light ray should go.