• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics IGCSE Grades/Paper 1 etc

Reaction score
Gunner1995 said:
DowntownCrew said:
mshaheen95 said:
the answer was the sinusoidal graph = the one with the ups and downs

The one that looks like a wave ?! That question came in pastpapers lol

I also made 6-7 dumb mistakes , I better don't talk about them ... I will need C and let's say I get 30/40 , that comes like 22.5 % in total .. enough for C ?

If you get 6-7 Dumb mistakes thats enough for an A

I found 7-8 mistakes , I'm sure about 28 correct answers , hope it's enough.The least grade I have to get is D , but I want C.

Reaction score
What about that question about the ice I think the two blocks of ice should be at the bottom

Reaction score
Nope its at the top. As convectional current. Hot air(less dense) rises and so places it on the top will make the cool air go down..

Reaction score
hey guyzzz i dont think the paper was that HARDDD!!!!!!!! :S MOST of the questions were repeated and only a few were very tricky........n i thnk i will loose 3 marks only :S :( still nt dat bad az expctd :D

Reaction score
They were repeated. But they picked the hardest questions of the old ones... Yup 3 mistakes is good. I lost 4-5 ! I hope an A* :)

Reaction score
Hey guys..
How do you know that lasts year paper 1 A* was 35?
When i check lasts year threshold. it starts from A and then C etc.. how do you know about the A*?
Please tell me ..
ive done well in this paper 1 exam as most of the questions were repeated .. i think i will lose from 2-3 marks inshallah...
Im just confused about the atmospheric pressure question..
Some say that atomospheric pressure is same and others say that pressure at X is same.
I wanna know the answerrrr !!!
& please somebody tell me about the A* threshold thing . Thanks :)

Reaction score
A* is about half way between A and full mark... And Im not sure about atmospheric pressure. I only know im wrong.. I wrote same pressure on both days.. I need to stop checking these boards and seeing any new mistakes.. 5 already, depressed and need to focus on next exam. bye

Reaction score
Gunner1995 said:
They were repeated. But they picked the hardest questions of the old ones... Yup 3 mistakes is good. I lost 4-5 ! I hope an A* :)

yeah u r ryt bt i solvd the past paprz so many tymz dat all da ansrz were in ma head :D:D

Reaction score
KareemXPF said:
Paper 1 : 21-25
Paper 3 : 19-28
Paper 6 : 17-22

Thanks Kareem , I hope that's for sure or 80 % true..
I took more in paper 1 , for sure ... In paper 6 I can get around 30 at least , only paper 3 is hard so I can't say really ...
I'm just wondering about paper 3 , if it has 80 marks maximum (right ?!) , 28 is less than 50 % of it , how can I get D with 28 then ? :/

Reaction score
hey guys in paper 1 physics there was a question which asked what does a capacitor store? current or energy?

Reaction score
no it says .. does capacitor stores current or energy
the answer is energy .. btw which variant was your exam?

Reaction score
KareemXPF said:
no it says .. does capacitor stores current or energy
the answer is energy .. btw which variant was your exam?

I didn't have that question in my exam , mine was variant 1.

Reaction score
Oh so in variant 1 it was charges instead of energy.. cause im variant 2 ... so you are correct cause charges & energy are the same ..

Reaction score
Well..
What about the question that says .. which lamps will lit when switch is closed..
i answered On Off On
some says its On On On ... im so confused about it