• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics IGCSE Grades/Paper 1 etc

Reaction score
cHeStEr said:
What did you write for Q8 for the above paper ??

C. 200g ..
100% sure about it
cause when a load of 100g is kept .. there was an extension of 10cm
therefore when you put a 200g .. its will be double ( 20 cm ) + 10 ( original length of spring ) = 30 cm as shown on the figure

Reaction score
there was another question about dispersion of red and violet light ? wat was the answer for that?

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
KareemXPF said:
Guys please answer me about the lamp question
i need to know the answer
ON ON ON

how is it ON ON ON ... the middle lamp wasnt a complete circuit? how current will flow?!
i answered on off on

Reaction score
Reaction score
unledjpg.png

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
KareemXPF said:
DowntownCrew said:
I think there was a same question from this paper http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... 5_qp_1.pdf question 9 ... there was something else instead of transformer given in the answers .. you guys remember it ?

The answer is motor

Correct . I'm wrong about lamps as I put ON OFF OFF , wrong for sure...made mistake about loads also , instead of 200 I put 150 , damn.
I put 300g. -_-

Reaction score
Current cant flow through the middle. Current takes the easiest route. and besides its DC so it goes straight... It can just go UP and reach the cell as. RESISTANCE OF WIRE < resistance of current. Well never know its just guesses. BTW it will do us all a favor if we stop talking about it....
No one will be sad :p

Reaction score
There was one question that said which doesn't need boiling water, and the answers were hydroelectric and others, I forgot though.
Good Luck on Paper 6 I only have tomorrow to study :S. I hope I d well Insha'Allah.

Reaction score
tripleA95 said:
There was one question that said which doesn't need boiling water, and the answers were hydroelectric and others, I forgot though.
Good Luck on Paper 6 I only have tomorrow to study :S. I hope I d well Insha'Allah.

the question was saying .. which one needs boiling water ..
the answer is nuclear fission