• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS M/J/9702 2017 Paper 41

Reaction score
yea it is correct makes sense if

its a big value cause they tend to have bug accelerations yea i did that using 0.5mv^2 and Vq
ya and then we had to multiply both sides by m right. thts what i did lol. and y was the shm question 6 marks what did we have to explain

Reaction score
yea you multiply by m i guess you just had to state formulas of omega and the energy and i think it had to be detailed
lol idk i even explained y the oscillations decrease which i think was totally irrelevant. btw in the light intensity question, the light intensity had to be lower right in order for the lamp to light

Reaction score
lol idk i even explained y the oscillations decrease which i think was totally irrelevant. btw in the light intensity question, the light intensity had to be lower right in order for the lamp to light
Yes it had to be lower so more resistance of LDR ,more p.d across LDR and hence less p.d across the inverting input. So non-inverting is greater than inverting and output will be positive so diode will allow current to pass to relay.

Reaction score
Hey what was the ratio of input power to noise, and in the very last question what is the energy released in a fission reaction converted to?

Reaction score
Hey what was the ratio of input power to noise, and in the very last question what is the energy released in a fission reaction converted to?
I think it was 44 or something. I said kinetic energy of products and as e.m radiation as gamma photons. What did you write?

Reaction score
Centripetal force is provided by gravitational force, the centripetal force accelerates the object towards the center and so it is kept in circulat motion, for the very last question the energy releases is in the form of kinetic energy, but the question is about what the energy released is CONVERTED to, not what form it takes.

Reaction score
Centripetal force is provided by gravitational force, the centripetal force accelerates the object towards the center and so it is kept in circulat motion, for the very last question the energy releases is in the form of kinetic energy, but the question is about what the energy released is CONVERTED to, not what form it takes.
So what was your answer for that question?