• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics mcq

Reaction score
for it to be plastic deformation, it needs to be ductile firstly. so its A or D. then steel is too hard to remain in deformed and also requires a lot of force.
therefore , aluminium is the only one, as its easy to change shape and requires litle force.

Reaction score
Can someone explain for the same paper, june 2009
Q 9, 10, 13, 15, 18, 20, 25, 29 and 31 pleaseee :D i know its a lot but i canot do them S:
i think the papers are each time becoming more dificult

Reaction score
han to dats wat ques is asking, which material can sustain the greatest plastic deformation??? Since steel requires a lot of force to be deformed, it shud be steel

Reaction score
mad he didnt aask a question
he told u the question!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Reaction score
OH come on stop playing with the words :D now i am Asking :p
Why is aluminium the correct answeR? ?? Isnt steel more resistive to plastic deformation ?

Reaction score
since steel is not ductile..it will not have large plastic deformation...so if deformed beyond its limit it would break..have high UTS(ultimate tesile strength)...so its clear aluminium is more ductile than steel and is deformed to a greater extent than steel if same force is applied...thats common sense ;)

Reaction score
but its less ductile, i said before why :D
and correct that it has hihg tensile stress.
could anyone explain the Qestions i posted pleasee, tomorroow is exman:SS