• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P-34 GT.

Physics 34 GT

• Total voters
Reaction score
After practical my all classmates were saying that gradient had to be wrttien to 2sf as the sine(theta/2)^2 was written to two sf (number of sf in the calculated quantity is equal to the least number of sf in thedata used for calculation.)

Reaction score
After practical my all classmates were saying that gradient had to be wrttien to 2sf as the sine(theta/2)^2 was written to two sf (number of sf in the calculated quantity is equal to the least number of sf in thedata used for calculation.)
My gradient was coming in 2 sig fig, and my c was also to two sig fig, is it fine? I mean c was also supposed to be to 2 sig fig?

Reaction score
My gradient was coming in 2 sig fig, and my c was also to two sig fig, is it fine? I mean c was also supposed to be to 2 sig fig?
I also did the same and I think its fine. Btw I just checked couple of marking scheme and for gradient and y-intercept there is nothing written about sf for these. Only for tables sf consistenty is written.

Reaction score
i took six sets of readings, plotted six points. i labelled one point as anomalous, since it was ruining my line of best-fit.
are they going to consider that point as well?
No problem if you took six readings. Cie only penalise if less number of readings are taken e.g here less than 5. Reagarding anomalous point only one anomalous point is allowed and it should be marked clearly as anomalous e.g circle or labelling it.