• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2: Discussi0n

Reaction score
cutting is allowed although not appreciated, if ur anser is ligeble, u'll get da marx

Reaction score
how arrows were to be drawn in compasses in the section A part of magnets. i dine like this...
----> N N <----

is this right......

Reaction score
beststriker said:
how arrows were to be drawn in compasses in the section A part of magnets. i dine like this...
----> N N <----

is this right......

after the ppr sum1 told me we had draw field lines also .. i dont think so ..was it askd to do ?

Reaction score
UxaiR said:
can any one tell me the exact Question statement of the parachute energy conversion .??
Parachutist was falling with a constant speed..What is the principle energy conversion and the answer is potential to heat because since speed is constant KE would also be constant at that time

Reaction score
easiest exam i took in my lifetime!
INSHALLAH a star pakka.pra 4 me i ll pray 4 u peple also

Reaction score
hey i dont think so tht it was PE to heat .. when falling frm a height PE always converts into KE ..

Reaction score
hassam said:
easiest exam i took in my lifetime!
INSHALLAH a star pakka.pra 4 me i ll pray 4 u peple also

plz do pray percentile falls loww..

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
beststriker said:
----> N N <----

is this right......

after the ppr sum1 told me we had draw field lines also .. i dont think so ..was it askd to do ?

no, it was not asked, only the direction of compass and its north pole was asked.

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
hey i dont think so tht it was PE to heat .. when falling frm a height PE always converts into KE ..

me too dont understand this......
how come P.E of a moving object can change into heat energy. it is K.E energy.

Reaction score
so....about the principal energy changes involved....I selected the potential to heat option....That was because of a number of reasons..First of all, the speed was constant. the parachute had been opened and he was now just falling constantly....not like some sort of a free fall. secondly,
K.E= 1/2 x m x (v)^2
If velocity is constant and mass is same, then kinetic energy would NOT increase!
So the answer was potential to heat.
Secondly, wanted to ask about the mcq concerning pressure and area...How did the graph look like?
And oh....in the final question of paper 2, the current and voltage both increased. Current increases because as the temperature rises, resistance of the thermistor falls. This causes a NET decrease in resistance of the circut which caused an increase in the current as the voltage remained constant.

Reaction score
jafar said:
i dnt agree wid u hamid cuz when there is no acceleration KE will be constant which means that PE is not converted into KE nd is only converted into Thermal energy cuz of friction....

nd yea u r rite bout da curve....

MR. Jafar.. yar gave u the equation 0.5mv2... velocity to hai na... and for kinetic energy sirf velocity chahiye hoti hai.... u hav to accept that....

Reaction score
first it was a straight line then curved downwards
350 to rite 350 to left = 0 displacement
relay another circuit wiht battery contacts clsed and bulb in series
punctualpunk said:
so....about the principal energy changes involved....I selected the potential to heat option....That was because of a number of reasons..First of all, the speed was constant. the parachute had been opened and he was now just falling constantly....not like some sort of a free fall. secondly,
K.E= 1/2 x m x (v)^2
If velocity is constant and mass is same, then kinetic energy would NOT increase!
So the answer was potential to heat.
Secondly, wanted to ask about the mcq concerning pressure and area...How did the graph look like?
And oh....in the final question of paper 2, the current and voltage both increased. Current increases because as the temperature rises, resistance of the thermistor falls. This causes a NET decrease in resistance of the circut which caused an increase in the current as the voltage remained constant.
graph exactly like pressure with volume

Reaction score
@hamid velocity is there but there is no increase in the velocity, thus it will remain constant, and so will KE....

Reaction score
Even to continuously travel at a constant speed kinetic energy has to increase... Heat energy kahan se aa gaye... Wo jal ke rakh na ho jaye agar potential difference is changing to thermal energy.... aur potential energy bhi itni zayda.... and remember GAIN IN KINETIC ENERGY=LOSS IN POTENTIAL ENERGY

Reaction score
@punctualpunk: the graph will be of inversly propotional as pressure is inversly propotional to area
tnlindd.gif

Reaction score
@ hamid: there is air resistance in air, which provides friction, and evrybody nows dat heat is produced by friction : yahan se aaye gee heat energy ;)

Reaction score
jafar said:
@punctualpunk: the graph will be of inversly propotional as pressure is inversly propotional to area
tnlindd.gif

wudnt the graph be a straight line ...