• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2: Discussi0n

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
jafar said:
@punctualpunk: the graph will be of inversly propotional as pressure is inversly propotional to area
tnlindd.gif

wudnt the graph be a straight line ...

P = F/A

P is inversly propotional to area so this type ov graph will be made

Reaction score
@hamidali:
the answer was potential to heat because the speed was constant
Just look at this relation K.E = 0.5mv^2 . The mass of parachutist is constant and its velocity is also constant so how would Kinetic energy increase?????Hope this makes clear

Reaction score
@jafar:
How did you design the experiment to investigate effect of temerature on resistance....I think i made a mistake..I wrote that increasing the P.d accross filament would increase its temperature and then we can take current and voltage readings to calculate its resistance..Is my answer correct??

Reaction score
i agree with jafar

aur jahan tak jal kar rakh honay ki bat hai to thori heat generate hoti hai to environment may lose ho jati hai.. laikin agar bauhat door say koi cheez giray to sirf tab hi jalti hai..

moreover remember that LOSS IN P.E=GAIN IN K.E (only when the surface is smooth or there is no friction)

Furthermore,
Take an example:
an object of mass 10kg falls from a height of 20 meters and at a constant speed of 10m/s.

At 20m
P.E= 20*10*10=2000J and K.E= .5*10*100= 500J

now look that when its height will be 10 m, what will be the

P.E= 10*10*10=1000J and K.E= .5*10*100= 500J ( NO change in K.E)

where did the 1000J go? it was lost as heat to surroundings because there is friction due to air resistance.
they asked for the principle energy change which is P.E to Thermal Energy

Reaction score
just wanted to add that
LOSS IN P.E= GAIN IN K.E + HEAT ( work done against friction)
That is for a surface offering friction

Reaction score
it was to be designed by taking a heat source and and applyin heat on the wire of the circuit, as heat will increase the resistance of the wire will decrese and so will the voltage, but current will increase, :)

Reaction score
experiment could also be designed using variable resistor, you lower its resistance, current increases and temperature arises, resistance of resistor increases

Reaction score
All the physics papers (p1,p2 and atp) has the same weightage in total percentage.......or varies with the paper. for e.g 25% for atp, 25% for p1
Is there any policy like this.................

Reaction score
P.E to thermal energy people........... If it was P.E to Kinetic energy the person wudave fell flat on his ass and had broken every bone in his body....... ---,---........ and i hated that gay telephone mcq got that shit wrong, for some reason i thought that the circuit was complete and choosing any other given options wud screw the circuit........X.X........ anywho, mcqs were cake..... theory ka section B was a hoe......... the last two questions.... can someone tell me Where C was and wat size it was in section B ultrasound question........!!!!!!!

Reaction score
PEople bus karo... discuss karne ka no faida... only dissapointment... ab result ka intazar karo...