• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2 Discussions

Reaction score
Frstly buland truck returned back to the ground so the change of gpe of truck is zero. If u throw a ball and it come back to ur hand, change will be zero. They asked OVERALL not DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAXIMUM AND MINIMUM.
secndly, u did not read the question completel
It said a HGH SPEED diver slowed down and then stopped.
Means not just gpe is converting into internal enegy but kinetic is also changing ad it was high speed. And no gpe is being converted into kinetic energy, but the kinetic energy it had is also decreasing. G.P.E + K.E ----> heat energy

And leave it more importantlyn what do u think about the answer of broken filament question. Sir naeem told me that volt meter have very high resistance. So their resistnce combined in pallel will be less than resistance of volt meter alone in series. What do u say. And now the volt meter will show the emf of battery as it is parallel to battery.
What do u say?
stop saying that again and agtruck waala ques galat hai:cry: ain mjy confirm ho gya mera

Reaction score
Okay, firstly change in gravitational energy would occur to the truck and the sand. Initially they are at the ground, i.e zero G.P and as they move up, both the sand and truck would possess max GP. This would be described as the change in G.P so 7500000 should have been the answer. Other than this, since the diver was falling in the pool, the situation could be compared to that of a parachutist, i.e GP converted to KE and as this conversion is occuring, dissipation of energy would occur so the energy conversion should be GP--->K.E + Thermal.
Hope this gets you to your conclusions.

yes the answer is GP -->K.E + THERMAL
but for the lorry one I have confimed from many different sources that the answer is NOT 7500000J. It was 2500000J

Reaction score
What was Mcq question frm phys not comming to my head ..
But remember its options
Iron
Steel
alumunium
and some other metal

Reaction score
oh for pete's sake...no one said he was gaining kinetic energy......it would be converted into kinetic energy for him to move.......otherwise he would stop compeletely.

no,no, i did not mean that. See, if there is an OVERALL gain in KE, 'v'(speed) must increase, which is not happening. BTW, he already had KE.(high speed).

Reaction score
So guys, how did it go?
I want to know that some of my ans were going out of the line(like if there are 2 lines to ans any question,some of my words were going out of the 2 lines given) in phy p2 so will these words out of the line be considered and seen,marked by the examiners since the papers are now scanned and then marked ?

Reaction score
I wrote below in almost all the questions. :whistle:
Same here ! I did the same not only in phy p2 but also in chem p2,comp p2,phy atp and chem atp.......from an examiner report i read that the papers are now scanned in(it was w12 dont remember the subject) so will these words out of the line be considered and seen on the computer screens ?

Reaction score
pressure remains unchanged vol increases
But why? they didnt mention any thing was constant,they only mentioned the mass was fixed and the relationships t is directly propotional to v is only correct when pressure is constant but the pressure was not constant,for this question I wrote v increases and p decreases since it was a losely held piston so v increases first and then pressure decreases

Reaction score
P1 went great, i did so bad in p2 :( despite being easy , i cudn't think properly to be honest i wasn't well prepared :(

Reaction score
But why? they didnt mention any thing was constant,they only mentioned the mass was fixed and the relationships t is directly propotional to v is only correct when pressure is constant but the pressure was not constant,for this question I wrote v increases and p decreases since it was a losely held piston so v increases first and then pressure decreases

u see, the question said "piston was easily movable", which means that the piston would move, causing volume would increase. As a result, the upward force of the gas, will be balanced by the downward weight of the piston causing the pressure to remain constant

Reaction score
i dont remember the question but was there an mcq in physics paper 1 for which the correct option was ''no resultant force''....they mentioned constant speed