• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2 Discussions

Reaction score
No, it's wrong. If he did gain kinetic energy, he would not SLOW down. Question said he was slowing down.
I think it is: G.P.E(very deep pool) + K.E(high speed) --> Thermal(slows down)
It is a bit like terminal velocity, except that the velocity is decreasing and not constant.

PE is reference to the height. The word speed indicated KE. The jump or dive whatever indicate PE energy.

Reaction score
1) which graph? :confused:
2) dont remeber, i think A
3)added both 10000 n 5000 to calculate G.P.E
4) current same in series, voltage same in parallel
5) not sure, chose pressure decreases, vol increases
6) A
7) A
8) S-N N-S
9) Iron
10) 24 mins
11) Nucleus is small
12) --
13) Fuse blows
14) Virtual,not inverted
15) chose K.E + G.P > thermal
16)towards center
17) both same
18)A
19) C
20) --
21)Polyethene with woolen cloth
22) --
23) i think it came to be 3 x 10^3
24) chose both decrease
25) D
26) Frequency decreases
27) D
Guys correct me if i m wrong

13 is wrong. Fuse blowing out is not a danger. Over-heating in the socket.

Reaction score
Fuse is in appliances and plugs. The thing is that each plug of each appliance is getting the required current not larger but all together, the current passing through the socket is very high.

And, a fuse blowing is not dangerous. It's a protective measure. Stupid to go with that option.

Reaction score
No, it's wrong. If he did gain kinetic energy, he would not SLOW down. Question said he was slowing down.
It is a bit like terminal velocity, except that the velocity is decreasing and not constant.

oh for pete's sake...no one said he was gaining kinetic energy......it would be converted into kinetic energy for him to move.......otherwise he would stop compeletely.

Reaction score

HE WASNT GAINING K.E.....FOR CRYING OUT LOUD..........BUT FOR HIM TO MOVE...........HE MUST HAVE K.E........... SO G.P.E-->K.E+HEAT.......

Reaction score
Guys, Was the work done in the extension question to be found by multiplying 90 or 180?? People say both are correct ..