• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2 Discussions

Reaction score
HE WASNT GAINING K.E.....FOR CRYING OUT LOUD..........BUT FOR HIM TO MOVE...........HE MUST HAVE K.E........... SO G.P.E-->K.E+HEAT.......

Relax relax :p It just a single MCQ. Luk, he dived into pool from sum point. This means he had G.P.E at that point. As he descended, K.E increased. In pool, he slowed down. So overall his energy changed from K.E + G.P.E > Thermal

Reaction score
Relax relax :p It just a single MCQ. Luk, he dived into pool from sum point. This means he had G.P.E at that point. As he descended, K.E increased. In pool, he slowed down. So overall his energy changed from K.E + G.P.E > Thermal

I know...but for this question I know I am not wrong.

Reaction score
So now.... the answer to the phy MCQ as to what happens to the voltmeter and ammeter readings if the filament in lamp 1 broke..... is that..... Ammeter reading decreases and voltmeter reading increases.... those of you who did it wrong...... Join the club!! :p
haha i second you for that, i did the same mistake! :p

Reaction score
But why? 180 was the last value so didn't we have to use .3 and 180to find the answer. Besides the mean value for length must have been .15 m since they were directly proportional...does anyone remember the limit of proportiobality btw?

Reaction score
But why? 180 was the last value so didn't we have to use .3 and 180to find the answer. Besides the mean value for length must have been .15 m since they were directly proportional...does anyone remember the limit of proportiobality btw?
yeah , it was 800 N .

Reaction score
Your answer is correct, don't worry.

no look, it was clearly stated in the question the the syringe can move easily, it means that the volume would certainly increase but why would the pressure increase, we cant link it with it, it will remain unchanged.

Reaction score
I don't have time to read whole thread as I have to prepare for add maths and computer so please tell me why my argument is wrong by giving a reason why my logic is wrong.

As the truck has returned from the top, the overall change in g.p.e will only be on sand. Mass of only sand will be taken in formula.
The current will be divided into 5 other parallel circuits so each appliance won't get high current so only socket will be over heated
As the bulb has been broken, the volt meter will now be in parallel to whole battery so it's reading will increase. The resistance of bulb and volt meter in parallel was less than resistance of volt meter alone so due to more resistance the ammeter reading will decrease.
As the diver was in high speed and slowed down it's kinetic energy is changing into heat and as the height was decreasing the g.p.e was changing into heat energy. No potential energy was changed into kinetic energy. So overall equation will reduce to g.p.e + k.e --> heat energy
Saad Mughal Buland Iqbal Haris Bin Zahid

Reaction score
no look, it was clearly stated in the question the the syringe can move easily, it means that the volume would certainly increase but why would the pressure increase, we cant link it with it, it will remain unchanged.
Yes,it will remain unchanged.

Reaction score
I don't have time to read whole thread as I have to prepare for add maths and computer so please tell me why my argument is wrong by giving a reason why my logic is wrong.

As the truck has returned from the top, the overall change in g.p.e will only be on sand. Mass of only sand will be taken in formula.
The current will be divided into 5 other parallel circuits so each appliance wint get high so only socket will be over heated
As the bulb has been broken, the volt meter will now be in parallel to whole battery so it's reading will increase. The resistance of bulb and volt meter in parallel was less than resistance of volt meter alone so due to more resistance the ammeter reading will decrease.
As the diver was in high speed and slowed down it's kinetic energy is changing into heat and as the height was decreasing the g.p.e was changing into heat energy. No potential energy was changed into kinetic energy. Tree reform g.p.e + k.e --> heat energy

The first one seems correct. Although now, I believe I was incorrect to choose 7500000.
Yeah, that's correct.
Don't know, a lot of debate on this topic has gone on.
I agree. Please explain this to others.

Reaction score
The first one seems correct. Although now, I believe I was incorrect to choose 7500000.
Yeah, that's correct.
So u mean all I wrote in my post seemed logical to u as well?
:( others think it was bullshit

Reaction score

133.33cm

Reaction score
Yeah, that's correct.

yes my answer for that lorry one is correct...i knew i wasnt wrong....

Reaction score

The current will be divided into 5 other parallel circuits so each appliance won't get high current so only socket will be over heated
As the diver was in high speed and slowed down it's kinetic energy is changing into heat and as the height was decreasing the g.p.e was changing into heat energy. No potential energy was changed into kinetic energy. So overall equation will reduce to g.p.e + k.e --> heat energy
Any one please? @thermentor

Reaction score
So u mean all I wrote in my post seemed logical to u as well?
:( others think it was bullshit

The first one seems logical BECAUSE they said OVERALL change. I failed to pick this.
The second one is correct BECAUSE the only danger was that the socket would overheat (a fuse melting is not a particular threat neither was it possible).
The third one. Bah. Loads of discussion has been done on this.
Fourth one. Well, that's what I think!