• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2 Discussions

Reaction score
The first one seems logical BECAUSE they said OVERALL change. I failed to pick this.
The second one is correct BECAUSE the only danger was that the socket would overheat (a fuse melting is not a particular threat neither was it possible).
The third one. Bah. Loads of discussion has been done on this.
Fourth one. Well, that's what I think!
What do u think about the third one from all the discussion, my reasoning and ur own knowledge?

Reaction score
What do u think about the third one from all the discussion, my reasoning and ur own knowledge?

I think it's correct. Voltage across a lamp is less than across a battery. So, when the voltmeter is directly connected to the battery, the voltage should increase.

Reaction score
Just relax dude.....calm down...no worries...it happens to everybody.......P1 was a damn nuisance.

Not just P1. It was the overall paper. It disappointed me. Even if I get an A* (INSHA ALLAH), I'll be disappointed because I knew the things, just failed to implement.

Reaction score
The broken circuit one.. Ammeter decreases voltmeter increases..because no current will flow from the broken end but it will short circuit.

Reaction score
I think it's correct. Voltage across a lamp is less than across a battery. So, when the voltmeter is directly connected to the battery, the voltage should increase.
And what about the resistance I remember once my sir told me that ammeter has very less resistance but volt meter has very high resistance. So when combined with bulb in parallel the combined resistance must be less than before. Aun't it correct? What do u think?

Reaction score
And what about the resistance I remember once my sir told me that ammeter has very less resistance but volt meter has very high resistance. So when combined with bulb in parallel the combined resistance must be less than before. Aun't it correct? What do u think?

Yeah, it seems so.

Reaction score
The broken circuit one.. Ammeter decreases voltmeter increases..because no current will flow from the broken end but it will short circuit.
No current? Man it will flow through the volt meter. Circuit was not broken. Although ur answer seems currect to me.

Reaction score
btw there was no option of the current remaining the same..it only had'' increases or decreases'' SO moving back to the basics i a made a tukka..

Reaction score
Ok guys this is just throwing it out there but i have a theory about the pressure volume question. Things to be considered:
1. the stopper could move easily
2. the gas was heated
My theory is that heating the gas gave it more kinetic energy so they hit the wall with more force so initially pressure increased. But soon the force on stopper increased which resulted in it being pushed outwards making volume increase. This caused a decrease in pressure. But the pressure had increased initially.
So my answer was that the pressure increased whereas volume increased too Please help

Reaction score
Ok guys this is just throwing it out there but i have a theory about the pressure volume question. Things to be considered:
1. the stopper could move easily
2. the gas was heated
My theory is that heating the gas gave it more kinetic energy so they hit the wall with more force so initially pressure increased. But soon the force on stopper increased which resulted in it being pushed outwards making volume increase. This caused a decrease in pressure. But the pressure had increased initially.
So my answer was that the pressure increased whereas volume increased too Please help
Pressure is force pe unit square area, isn't it?
So when given more hea pt the are will increase so force pushing the piston outside will be more than force pushing it inside. So it will move out until both forces are balanced. At that time the inner pressure and atmospheric pressure will be same otherwise the forces want be balanced. So volume increased and pressure did not change.