• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2 Discussions

Reaction score
Pressure is force pe unit square area, isn't it?
So when given more hea pt the are will increase so force pushing the piston outside will be more than force pushing it inside. So it will move out until both forces are balanced. At that time the inner pressure and atmospheric pressure will be same otherwise the forces want be balanced. So volume increased and pressure did not change.
oh so close...

Reaction score
As there would be just one lamp remaining, it would get more voltage and hence the current would decrease:p Plz don't laugh at me.
At least u did not debate that u are wrong. Other people Internet debate knowing they are wrong.

Reaction score
no look, it was clearly stated in the question the the syringe can move easily, it means that the volume would certainly increase but why would the pressure increase, we cant link it with it, it will remain unchanged.

Pressure decreases, Volume increases.

Reaction score
I m pretty sure those marks at the top of paper are the ans for the computer to match ... Too bad answers r in front of us yet v cannot decipher them :p

Reaction score
I m pretty sure those marks at the top of paper are the ans for the computer to match ... Too bad answers r in front of us yet v cannot decipher them :p
lol the same thing occured to me when i got my first mcq sheet i.e. the chem

Reaction score
i hate this i first shaded 250000 and then i shaded 750000 why me?!?!

dont worry bud...
So when given more hea pt the are will increase so force pushing the piston outside will be more than force pushing it inside. So it will move out until both forces are balanced. At that time the inner pressure and atmospheric pressure will be same otherwise the forces want be balanced. So volume increased and pressure did not change.
yes my deduction was correct :)

Reaction score
I did not expect so many candidates to give the wrong answe.
Suchal Riaz said: ↑

Reaction score

ermm any logic for this? pressure doesn't increase for the increase in temperature, i do remember such a question in past papers when volume increased so there was no change in pressure, well, i dnt remember it exactly.

Reaction score
ermm any logic for this? pressure doesn't increase for the increase in temperature, i do remember such a question in past papers when volume increased so there was no change in pressure, well, i dnt remember it exactly.
Yep pressure remains constant,confirmed

Reaction score
I don't have time to read whole thread as I have to prepare for add maths and computer so please tell me why my argument is wrong by giving a reason why my logic is wrong.

As the truck has returned from the top, the overall change in g.p.e will only be on sand. Mass of only sand will be taken in formula.
The current will be divided into 5 other parallel circuits so each appliance won't get high current so only socket will be over heated
As the bulb has been broken, the volt meter will now be in parallel to whole battery so it's reading will increase. The resistance of bulb and volt meter in parallel was less than resistance of volt meter alone so due to more resistance the ammeter reading will decrease.
As the diver was in high speed and slowed down it's kinetic energy is changing into heat and as the height was decreasing the g.p.e was changing into heat energy. No potential energy was changed into kinetic energy. So overall equation will reduce to g.p.e + k.e --> heat energy
Saad Mughal Buland Iqbal Haris Bin Zahid
our thots and ans are twins :p

Reaction score
Yeah that was the key word....I myself was gonna shade 75000000, but just said overall in the nick of time.

I dont quite remember my answer ... Did u calculate G.P.E by adding both the weight of sand n the trolley (or watevr it was) ?