• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P11 Help-URGENT

Reaction score
can any1 help me oct/nov 09 question 9-15 and 22...i knw a lot of questions but help meeeee..P11

Reaction score
Q.9) U have to apply the the relative velocity rule. Ua - Ub = Vb - Va !!! Ua - Ub = u-(-u) = 2u .. Only the velocities in option A giv the relative velocity as 2u

Q.10)Find the deceleration which is equal to 60/30 = -2 ! nw put in the formula v-u/t = -2

v=(-2 x 0.5) + 3 = 2 Option C

Reaction score
Q.11) it is a simple definition. a concept. dat doesnot need explanation i think

Q.12 )As the two pics are same, their wights are same so the reaction forces on the are als going to be same. ! that takes us to either option A or B. now for the tension .cmplete the triangle. sinA
= R/T
this gives u T is inversely proprtional to sin A, i.e, the more angle u increase the leser is the tension. therefore there is more tension in pic A than in B because the angle there is greater. So the ans is option B

Reaction score
Q.13) What you need to notice here is that the force applied on Q would be equal to the frce applied on P . so F x 0.05m = 3 F=60 . Only option D matches your answer but if u need to confirm your answer calculate the torque. 0.075 x 60 =4.5

Reaction score
Q.14 ) Inititally kinetic energy was calculated on the resultant velocity of horizntal and verical component. take it as V . so the K.E becomes 0.5 mv^2 . at he highest point verical velocity is zero so the only velocity acting is vcos45 which gives u sq.root2/2v ! now calculate K.E on this ,u will ge 0.25mv^2 . In other words u get 0.5 E .the ans is A

Reaction score
Q.15 ) U have to apply the law of conservation to solve this one ! if the 2kg trolley travels with 2ms then the 1kg one travels with 4 !
calculate the K.E for both . u will get 4 for 2kg trolley and 8 for 1kg trolly.. add them up, u get 12. Option D

Q.22 ) the original length is L . u need to find out the percentage by which it contracts, i.e, e/l x 100 !
find E in terms of L by the formula E = FL/Ae . U will get the contraction as 5.09 x 10^-4L . divide it by L and multiply it by 100 u get 5.1 x 10^-2 . Option B

Reaction score
well u are given the diameter. !! force acts on pivot. divide it by 2 and convert it to meter !