• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p2

Reaction score
In physics P2 what was the graph like and what was the scene with linear magnification was it 0.7 divided by 1.9 ????

Reaction score
why risk ure grade, instead of image size go 4 image distance n object distance!!!
ANSWER was 0.4

Reaction score
s2malik said:
In physics P2 what was the graph like and what was the scene with linear magnification was it 0.7 divided by 1.9 ????

the graph was like this:

Reaction score
Hey guys what about that ripple tank question. in thought that the particle between the two waves would be in crest when the front is in trough

Reaction score
i know wat u did u actually took image size n object size!!
better strategy would be to go for image distance n object distance though ure answer wld be correct if u took correct measurements!!

Reaction score
tanseer said:
s2malik said:

the graph was like this:

yep ma garph was also like this ............ was the deceleration straight line or curve?

Reaction score
This is the accurate shape of the graph....a curve for acceleration...then a straight line for constant speed...then again a curve for deceleration and finally a straight line for constant speed! it had 4 marks and is was also divided into 4 parts...two curves and two straight lines

Reaction score
in the question that followed they said to calculate the average deceleration, which implies that it was a curve (meaning that even though the deceleration is actually non-uniform (curve) we will calculate a constant value 4 it (assuming that it was a straight line), which makes our value an average). On the graph deceleration had to be non-uniform (curve), it cannot possibly be constant (straight line), so it had be represented by a curve!

Reaction score
rogue94 said:
in the question that followed they said to calculate the average deceleration, which implies that it was a curve (meaning that even though the deceleration is actually non-uniform (curve) we will calculate a constant value 4 it (assuming that it was a straight line), which makes our value an average). On the graph deceleration had to be non-uniform (curve), it cannot possibly be constant (straight line), so it had be represented by a curve!
I jst got wrong after the decel curve i mean i joined the line with x-axis..! How much will they deduct 4 dat..? :(

Reaction score
The deacceleratioj thing was a line and they will only deduct a mark, the ans should be correct in both cases as the formulae for linear mag is both distance and height of image divi by object respectively !

Reaction score
it was explicitly given tht the body decelerated at a constant rate in the third statement where details regarding graph were given!!!IT CANT BE A CURVE!!!!!!

Reaction score
i didnt see the constant in the question.....btw...its impossible for the person to decelerate at a constant rate....it cant be a straight line...both acceleration and deceleration had to be represented by a curve....if anyone else could remember wat the exact wording of the question was?

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
tanseer said:
s2malik said:

the graph was like this:

yep ma garph was also like this ............ was the deceleration straight line or curve?

curve one...

Reaction score
No, my friends...the graph drawn above is totally wrong..acceleration was not constant so it should be accelerating with a shape like S...as goes for deceleration it was mentioned constant deceleration that means it was NOT A CURVE ofcourse...it was a straight line..DONT ARGUE ANYMORE BECAUSE THIS QUESTION WAS COPIED FROM A BOOK KNOWN AS SEQUENTIAL PHYSICS AND ITS ANSWER WAS PROVIDED THERE...:/
Thank u for your efficiency..