• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p33 errors

Reaction score
deelo said:
A digital screw gauge will be provided!! no need to panic.. :)

Do you think the schools/centers are that rich to provide you with a digital one? Why would they teach us how to read off the values from a manual one in O Level and AS Level if they wanted to hand us the digital ones?

I suggest you learn how to use both vernier calipers and micrometer screw gauge and forget about it being a digital one!

Best of luck!

Reaction score
vikid-e-vik said:
wow...thanks a lot....crazy info.....i bet u hav ur sources..MAVtKnmJ....by the way....would anyone reccomend any papers which hav the same type of questions....

Yeah, thanks np ;)

Well read the previous pages of this very thread, some more valuable information regarding papers is there!

Reaction score
can anybody please post the exact list of apparatus (confirmed) for phy 33 ??? and if anybody has the IR , please pm me, i'll be thankful!

Reaction score
rethna30 said:
deelo said:
Ppl VISCOSITY is not in our syllabus..!!!! the expt will be about terminal velocity not viscosity!!

Yeah...i'm thinking the same too...but both experiment are using the same methods, materials and apparatus.

Just that we calculate viscosity using the formula below. But, it's fluid mechanics which is beyond our syllabus....But, sometimes CIE can go crazy... :D ...

Viscosity = 2(ΔP)ga2
9v

where:

* Viscosity is in newton-seconds per meter squared (Nsec/m2).
* Delta (Δ) P is the difference in density between the sphere and the liquid, and is in kilograms per meter cubed (kg/m3).
* g is the acceleration due to gravity and equals 9.81 meters per second squared (m/s2).
* a is the radius of the sphere in meters (m).
* v is the average velocity, defined as the distance the sphere falls, divided by the time it takes to fall in meters per second (m/s).
Got it from http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... p055.shtml

The cooooool thing is that errors and improvements that I've mentioned can be used for both experiments,....

the formula in d attached link has pi...bt ur formula doesn't ????

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
vikid-e-vik said:
wow...thanks a lot....crazy info.....i bet u hav ur sources..MAVtKnmJ....by the way....would anyone reccomend any papers which hav the same type of questions....

hav a luk at Nov 03 paper 05 Q 1...the same q about diode!!!

Reaction score
hey, what if the diode is the second question? what could be the possible errors then? because i'm starting to think that the oil experiment might be question one, it would be related to terminal speed, which we need to find using a graph...check out page 38 of teaching A level practical skills...please post the errors for the diode question too, just in case!

Reaction score
hey..could anyone tell me..which ball..the larger one or the smaller one will reach terminal velocity first and which will have a larger terminal velocity??

Reaction score
angel92 said:
the formula in d attached link has pi...bt ur formula doesn't ????

Viscousity may be won't come...It's beyond our syllabus.....even, if the ask about viscosity...sure they will provide the formula.....

And the formula doesn't have any pi......look at it again...I just included the formula just for you people to see to have a better background knowledge...

Reaction score
rethna30 said:
Viscousity may be won't come...It's beyond our syllabus.....even, if the ask about viscosity...sure they will provide the formula.....

And the formula doesn't have any pi......look at it again...I just included the formula just for you people to see to have a better background knowledge...

thanx! bt how to calculate terminal vel?? iz it d avg speed??

Reaction score
Aamir Khan said:
hey..could anyone tell me..which ball..the larger one or the smaller one will reach terminal velocity first and which will have a larger terminal velocity??

whats d ans 2 this??? won't they both reach terminal vel together??

Reaction score
angel92 said:
Aamir Khan said:

Hiya guys.....all guesses with complete details about Paper 33 physics is in another thread....Refer to it./.....

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1145

Terminal velocity is affected by radius of the ball....

Reaction score
The smaller bead will take longer to reach the bottom because it is lighter!

Reaction score
hey MAVtKnmJ plzz explain some detail on q1 didode......

just expalin the basic concept on which that experiment is done...

and list out the appratus...................

n tell me out the link between thermocouple(thermometer) n diode.............???

Reaction score
hey MAVtKnmJ plzz explain some detail on q1 didode......

just expalin the basic concept on which that experiment is done...

and list out the appratus...................

n tell me out the link between thermocouple(thermometer) n diode.............???

Reaction score
angel92 said:
Aamir Khan said:

The smaller ball will take longer to fall.
But i dont think any such question will be aasked. usually they dont ask you any question at all. All you have got to do it perform the experiment, record the readings and plot the graph or write down the sources of error. and then in the last question you just have to compare the gradient and y-intercept with the equation. sometimes they ask the reason for using specific significant numbers. The answer to which is that you use the least count. Which is going to be 0.001 for micrometer screwguage as that will probably be involved in measuring the diameter of the ball. And yeah the percentage uncertainity.
They rarely ask for anything else.
So basically you have to pay heed to the sig.fig, the unit conversion, if any is required, and placing the symbols with the quantities.
also take the gradient from the graph ALWAYS (which should be covering atleat half the line joining the points).
Hope these points come in handy. :)

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
deelo said:
A digital screw gauge will be provided!! no need to panic.. :)

Do you think the schools/centers are that rich to provide you with a digital one? Why would they teach us how to read off the values from a manual one in O Level and AS Level if they wanted to hand us the digital ones?

I suggest you learn how to use both vernier calipers and micrometer screw gauge and forget about it being a digital one!

Best of luck!

Well YES we got digital micrometers screw guages last year in AS examination!!!
But they're easy to use!!

Reaction score
I doubt we will be provided with digital m.screwguages. Dont get your hopes high and dont rely on it.
Atleast i know for a fact that it wont be provided at our centre. Since its our school and everything.
So you must know how to use a manual one.

Reaction score
Yes definitly you should know how to use BOTH! If you dont understand it, ask the invigilator!
@ zwitterion: our center was our school too where we got a digital one!
Anyways hope for the best and be prepared for the worst!!!
:)

Reaction score
which school are you in?
Yeah you only get one mark deducted for taking help from the invigilator.