• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P33 - Viscosity and diode

Reaction score
People I have been hearing a lot about this viscosity and diode.
Could somebody cast bright good light on both the questions. I'd inshAllah be updating this post so that the members can know what really we have discussed up till so far.
For Question 1 - the viscosity question - I've heard that there will be 2 points on cylinder containing the oil. We would have to see when the ball released in that oil passes the two points and time that. Vary the size of the balls and repeat the process and plot a graph.
For Question 2 - Well I only know that there would be a diode. What sort of a question would be based on that, well maybe somebody else can tell that.
edited : added by moeed
in a diode dere actually a LED nd a LDR.
ull have 2 measure change in resistance with different light intensities.
u vary the light intensity by using a thin sheet of scraping ppr placing it btween the tube which contains LED at one end and LDR at the other end..
Cheers.

Reaction score
well...if the viscosity oil question will come out,take a look at may/june 07 p5 physics...i think it a bit the same one n w can prepare the sources of error n improvements which usually carry 8 marks!!

Reaction score
valuable information mate. Usually they don't ask for the sources of error and improvements in the first question but if this happens to be the second question then well yes everybody should take a look.

Reaction score
Hey !!! guys more help on diode one ... my electricity is weak ..... is there any experiments in the past papers regarding setting up diode in a circuit ?

Reaction score
and theres also a diode paper 5 ques dont rememba the year but its there sumwehere after jun 07..

Reaction score
in a diode dere actually a LED nd a LDR.
ull have 2 measure change in resistance with different light intensities.
u vary the light intensity by using a thin sheet of scraping ppr placing it btween the tube which contains LED at one end and LDR at the other end..