• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p34 05 june 2014

Reaction score
Ha went great. What was the percentage uncertainty in the second one? I got like 37% :O

And thanks to the person who broke the news that we'll be having Inclined Planes. You probably were the reason I got those 8 marks at the end. Cheers.

Reaction score
In my centre most people took 2 mm as certainty. One was least divisiom while the other 1 was uncertainty in the mid point of sphere. Mine was 10.5%.

What were the limitations and improvements?
I got exactly 10%. For limitations I wrote thst 1)some kinetic ebergy is lost as the ramp is rough in some places 2)force was applied to the sphere 3)it was difficult to determine the center of the ball while measuring x
For improvement, 1)uses larger distances 2) use a set square to measure the distance from the edge of the ramp to the zero mark on the rule and add it to the reading if 'L' 3)use an electromagnet
I'm not sure they're all correct tho

Reaction score
I got exactly 10%. For limitations I wrote thst 1)some kinetic ebergy is lost as the ramp is rough in some places 2)force was applied to the sphere 3)it was difficult to determine the center of the ball while measuring x
For improvement, 1)uses larger distances 2) use a set square to measure the distance from the edge of the ramp to the zero mark on the rule and add it to the reading if 'L' 3)use an electromagnet
I'm not sure they're all correct tho
I dont think that electromagnet method is correct here as they already gave us 2 small rods which could be placed in front of the sphere and then removed so that the sphere slides with no force applied.

Reaction score
I dont think that electromagnet method is correct here as they already gave us 2 small rods which could be placed in front of the sphere and then removed so that the sphere slides with no force applied.
But that wasnt written in the instructions.. You just suggested one if a gazillion ways if employing the rods. The questions asked us to state the limitations of the method that they wrote down :/ I meant my other points btw...open your mind

Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Lets hope for the best. Well I wrote one reason that it was not accurate to measure radius using vernier callipers as the sphere was not fitting properly in the jaws (slipping). For improvement I wrote micrometer screw guage as it can measure up to 0.01mm and in this experiment mm is being used so more accurate.