• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics P4

Reaction score
guy I wanted to ask that if I get 40 marks in Paper 4 and give good remaining papers can i still get an A or may be a B... ????
Thanks in advance may ALLAH bless u all. Ameen.

Reaction score
guy I wanted to ask that if I get 40 marks in Paper 4 and give good remaining papers can i still get an A or may be a B... ????
Thanks in advance may ALLAH bless u all. Ameen.
40 is E when you don't apply the grade threshold. What's the problem in getting 40?? 20 to 23 marks are reserved for Mechanics, which can score almost 100%. Electric field, Magnetism, and AC currents are also easy. You can get 40 marks in the core physics too! Then do applications, there's the raise of grade too. :)
Paper 5 has less weightage than paper 4. How else are you going to raise the overall grade of Physics?? Or are you giving accel??

Reaction score
40 is E when you don't apply the grade threshold. What's the problem in getting 40?? 20 to 23 marks are reserved for Mechanics, which can score almost 100%. Electric field, Magnetism, and AC currents are also easy. You can get 40 marks in the core physics too! Then do applications, there's the raise of grade too. :)
Paper 5 has less weightage than paper 4. How else are you going to raise the overall grade of Physics?? Or are you giving accel??

then can u tell me what will be the minimum score that i should get in p4 to get an A or a B

Reaction score
then can u tell me what will be the minimum score that i should get in p4 to get an A or a B
I don't know. varies from one grade threshold to another. It can be 50 or less or more. What I was trying to tell is, aim for more! don't stop at just 40...though you can get a B at 40 too, maybe A.
or is it there something else??

Reaction score
I don't know. varies from one grade threshold to another. It can be 50 or less or more. What I was trying to tell is, aim for more! don't stop at just 40...though you can get a B at 40 too, maybe A.
thanks for this wonderful advice mustehssun.. really apreciate it........ the thing is i didnt did much of the pastpapers so my confidence is a bit low... thanks again and wish u all the best.

Reaction score
My confidence with P4 is really low too. From what I've seen you generally need around 50-55 marks for an A, and 45-49 for a B...What my teacher says is, for MOST students, the grade they get in paper 4 is their final grade. Technically it's still possible for you to get an A overall even if you got 40 or so from P4 (which would be a C or a D most of the time) but you'd have to do excellent in all other papers.. I'm really worried about paper 4, I'm doing past papers but most of the time I can't get more than 40-45 marks :( I don't know why they make it so hard :(

Reaction score
My confidence with P4 is really low too. From what I've seen you generally need around 50-55 marks for an A, and 45-49 for a B...What my teacher says is, for MOST students, the grade they get in paper 4 is their final grade. Technically it's still possible for you to get an A overall even if you got 40 or so from P4 (which would be a C or a D most of the time) but you'd have to do excellent in all other papers.. I'm really worried about paper 4, I'm doing past papers but most of the time I can't get more than 40-45 marks :( I don't know why they make it so hard :(
dude so the thing is if i get 40 or so marks( InshAllah I will do better) i cant get more than a c?

Reaction score
dude so the thing is if i get 40 or so marks( InshAllah I will do better) i cant get more than a c?
Well of course it all depends on the grade thresholds, but it's unlikely that you'll get a B with 40/100, check the grade thresholds from the past years, I saw one paper, i think it was may/june 2007, where it was a 38/100 for a B (crazy!), but other than that most of the time you need at least 44 or 45 for a B (often more than that).. I'm just as worried as you are about this p4 and honestly I'd feel lucky if I can get anything above 40. Good luck to us all! Which variant are you going to take by the way?

Reaction score
As you've answered one question, I have one similar for you! I need an A* in physics a level, and I got an 86% (UMS) grade. What grades more or less (cause we all know it depends on the thresholds) do i need in the A2 papers?