• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS p42 GT

PHYSICS p42 GT

• Total voters
Reaction score
Charge on isotopes is same. You can google it. Isotopes have similar charge as neutrons have no charge. Then how can charge be different?
Bhai quest ma likha tha ions of same isotope. Kya ions +1 +2 ki state ma exist nahi kartay?

Reaction score
Damn... Didn't read the question and realize they were ions of same isotope of same mass ==

Reaction score
Chalo, mana they have different charge, now tell me buddy, do we multiply the nucleon no. With the unified atomic mass or the proton no? Since proton no. Remains the same. So tell me, can mass be different or not?
Bhai quest ma likha tha ions of same isotope. Kya ions +1 +2 ki state ma exist nahi kartay?

Reaction score
Mass can be different. But question stated that the ions were from the same isotope. So mass is same for all ions

Reaction score
Chalo, mana they have different charge, now tell me buddy, do we multiply the nucleon no. With the unified atomic mass or the proton no? Since proton no. Remains the same. So tell me, can mass be different or not?
Kya charge sirf proton k gain or loss sa ata hai... ions form by gain and loss of electrons.

Reaction score
Mass can be different. But question stated that the ions were from the same isotope. So mass is same for all ions
Dude! Isotopes have same proton number, YES, BUT when we find the mass of each isotope, we MULTIPLY the nucleon no. Which for EVERY isotope is different.

Reaction score
Atoms of isotopes have same number of positively charged particles called protons but no net charge. When an isotope loses electrons, number of protons > number of electrons, it has a net positive charge.

Reaction score
Question stated ions were formed from atoms of the same type of isotope. So same mass for all ions