• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P5 in 5 minutes !!!

Reaction score
This is for the October - November 2010 p52 question, 2(a):

If you mean the first part where you have to find out the gradient of the line of lgT on the y - axis and lgL on the x - axis, the gradient is b because taking log on both sides, we get

lgT = lgA + b * lgL

If lgT = y and lgL = x, then we have

y = lgA + bx

So gradient is equal to b.

Good Luck for all your exams!
Thankyoouu soo much!!

Reaction score
Error bars are drawn only on those points which are passing through best fit line?

Reaction score
Here ppl how are u preparing for ur p5?
I m really confused as to how to... i hv gone through some past solved questions n came up with a note of ma own n thought of sharing with the generous brother and sisters here! I am too lazy to do the unsolved papers or go through all papers so yeah pls guide me on how i cn prepare better!
BOL ppl!
SararaIH PhyZac Alice123 VampBhums n all othr phy studs!

Attachments

• Physics paper 5 experiments my compilation.doc
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
Reaction score
I m really confused as to how to... i hv gone through some past solved questions n came up with a note of ma own n thought of sharing with the generous brother and sisters here! I am too lazy to do the unsolved papers or go through all papers so yeah pls guide me on how i cn prepare better!
BOL ppl!

Thanks Anika..:)
i'm giving Physics in october... it will be of great help...

Reaction score
M/J/10/52
How to calculate value of T in the table?

The question statement (Page 5) mentions that:

"The time t for 10 oscillations is recorded for a pendulum of length l. The period T of the pendulum is determined. The procedure is then repeated for different lengths."

Therefore, if the time for 10 oscillations is t, the time period of the pendulum, which is T, should be t/10.

So the values of T in the table should be 1.89, 1.79, 1.67, etc.
Sorry if i've misunderstood - were you referring to the uncertainties in the values or just the values of T themselves?

Reaction score
The question statement (Page 5) mentions that:

"The time t for 10 oscillations is recorded for a pendulum of length l. The period T of the pendulum is determined. The procedure is then repeated for different lengths."

Therefore, if the time for 10 oscillations is t, the time period of the pendulum, which is T, should be t/10.

So the values of T in the table should be 1.89, 1.79, 1.67, etc.
Sorry if i've misunderstood - were you referring to the uncertainties in the values or just the values of T themselves?

Thanks alot. No i just wanted values of T.

Reaction score
BOL ppl!

Anika this was super helpful! :D Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Can someone post how to draw diagrams for the first question form 2007 to 2012 please? It will be really kind of you.