• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 1 2011 Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Post up your questions here and Ill make sure you get answers !

Please post one question at a time otherwise this thread becomes like all the other threads which are confusing for people to read.

I will try to answer your posts or someone else will !

Lets keep this simple and easy to follow

I will randomly post stuff for help so keep an eye out :)
Always remember to THANK those who have helped you, lets not be rude :)

Lets solve some past papers PEOPLE !! :p

Cheers

Reaction score
The answer is B

this is an experiment shown in the book and if you check the experiment out the the value of the emf of cell 2 and or any cell sending the electrical signal across the ruler must be known.

Hope I helpd out :D

Reaction score
Thanks.

The answer should be B because the formula for calculating density is Mass per unit volume.
Therefore, the mass of the liquid should be (mass of beaker+liquid) - (mass of beaker alone) that should work out to be (70-20)=50g. No matter if you're subtracting any two physical quantities, their associated uncertainties always add up. Therefore, the uncertainty for Mass of liquid should be 1+1 = 2

Now apply the formula for compound uncertainty that is:

Error of density/absolute value of density= error of mass/absolute value of mass + error of volume/absolute value of volume

Hence, X/5= 2/50 + 0.6/10
Solve for X

X= 0.5

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Please tell me why the answer to June 07 Q18 is not D?

And how to solve J07 Q40?

Reaction score
Q18 is B

because ok REMEMBER THIS in a Extension force graph the area under the graph always represents the energy stored in the spring.

Q40
C

Li has the highest density thus is the slowest

Remember to THNK if I helpd out :D

Reaction score
A previous and a better discussion thread has already been posted, please do not spam the forum with the same threads :evil:

Reaction score
xenvox said:
A previous and a better discussion thread has already been posted, please do not spam the forum with the same threads :evil:

OYE !! I appreciate wt u said but am I the only one to notice that or has that thread really become confusing with no sure answers and just guesses ... if u dnt like the thread do not post on it do not be a party pooper ...

so buzz off mate :D
cheers :)

Reaction score
total momentum b4 da collission is calc by da formula m1u1 + m2u2 but da trick is da dorections are diff so v assume dat one direc is +ive n other as _ive... so da total momentum will be m1u1 - m2u2 = m3V3 n m3 is total mass after da colision is n V3 is velocity after collision .... so dat 60m -40m/2m = v3 is 10...
hope u geddit!

Reaction score
Yes thats true the other thread is quite confusing and most of the time several questions aren't even answered.Can anyone help with this question?The ans to this is A.

Reaction score
xenvox said:

exactly !!!
the person who did this thread is kissing some a** just to get some thanks ... how pathetic

Reaction score
u join da points seperately to da origin n da one with da hiigest grad ll hv da least resis
dis ix cux da grd of the curve here is not equal 2 inverse of resistance...
@kmaster... dont bother coming here ... personally i didnt started dis thread nor dat BUT i cant make myslf read dat wow factor thread n i its some 1000 responses.... itx easuer 2 read a smaller thread... kindly dont gv negative comments if u cant giv positive ones or cant help anyone... itx a sincere request 4 all ppl like u....

Reaction score
the other thread is too loooong. It's good but dont have time to go through all that in 1 day.