• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 1 question!

Reaction score
ya

i chose that.. but many of my classmates were like it was stay the same... so i dont know for sure? oh btw u know the second q.. about the ball falliing and where will it have greatest speed... i chose A. what did u choose?

I don't remember the Options in the last on the speed is the greatest that's what i answered

Reaction score
there was a magnetism question which asked which is true
1-aluminium is ferrous. NO because ferrous are steel cobalt iron nickel
2-heating a steel magnet will demagnetise it . NO because steel is a permanent magnet
3-the core of an electromagnet is made of steel NO it is made of iron
4-magnetic field lines are evenly spaced. this looked odd but i have chosen this answer
did I analyse correctly ??
and a qustion where 2 iron bars in a coil ( reversing battery connections)
I answered that in both cases attraction occurs right ??

Reaction score
Ahmed, i didnt take your variant but magnetic field lines are not evenly spaced, as the lines get further apart the farther away it is from the magent/source
My guess is the 2nd, even if it is permanent, it can still be demagnisitiesed.

Reaction score
For work and power, i got B, but it cannot be C or D
As Work=Distance moved*Speed, and as distance is increasing work should also increase. And idk about power, but i assumed there cannot be power when there is 0 work.
Yes it is graviational-kinter-electircal
The ball falling should have greatest speed and least time in the last section
And the bulb becomes dimmer, as the greater the resistance the more battery share of voltage it gets. When one lamp is moved, resistance increase, so the other bulb will get less voltage and therefore become dimmer

And what was radio or microwaves for satelites? Most of the internet says both are useable, so I cannot decide which one

for work and power one it was A as power is work done/time so if work and time increase the power still stays the same and it is microwaves for satellites

Reaction score
Ahmed, i didnt take your variant but magnetic field lines are not evenly spaced, as the lines get further apart the farther away it is from the magent/source
My guess is the 2nd, even if it is permanent, it can still be demagnisitiesed.
they bend as they go away from magnet but the space between each line and the other is same i guess

Reaction score
they bend as they go away from magnet but the space between each line and the other is same i guess

no the space between magnetic field lines does keep increasing, that's why the magnet is more likely to attract(more quickly) an object closer rather then an object that is further away

Reaction score
for work and power one it was A as power is work done/time so if work and time increase the power still stays the same and it is microwaves for satellites
work is same and power is less because he took more time and power is force*(d/t) but work is f*d so it does not include time and this means that since they both travel same distance they both do same work
i guess we are discussing same qustion (escalator and lift)

Reaction score
no the space between magnetic field lines does keep increasing, that's why the magnet is more likely to attract(more quickly) an object closer rather then an object that is further away
what about the iron question do they attract at all time ? and it is the strenght wich changes not spaces i guess