• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 1 question!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s09_qp_1.pdf
there was a similar question to Q17 that says after heating in the middle where was the highest and lowest temperature.the answer was that the highest temperature is B,but howcome,isnt copper a better heat conductor than wood ?
Copper is a good conductor of heat so it will transfer the heat by conduction to the other side so the temperature will be low however wood is an insulator
I am not completely sure that the reason I have given is correct or not

Reaction score
As the initial speed or acceleration of the car is not specified so we assume that it is at rest .So the car will take the greatest time between poles 1 and 2 as the car has just started

tnxs a billion..:)

Reaction score
Guys, there was a question in Paper 31 that involved amplitude an wavelength (it involved loudness and change in amplitude and wavelength) . Can anyone tell me what was the question exactly and what was it's answer?

Reaction score
Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s09_qp_1.pdf
there was a similar question to Q17 that says after heating in the middle where was the highest and lowest temperature.the answer was that the highest temperature is B,but howcome,isnt copper a better heat conductor than wood ?

The heat given does not travel to A (only a small amount) though heat does travel to point D since copper is a conductor and wood is a insulator. And the question does not say that they waited before measuring the temperature. read the questions carefully because half of the answer is understanding the question

Reaction score
hey,
can you please help me in physics(o625)/summer 2000/paper 1 in these questions:
Q6
Q11
Q33
Thnx
:D