• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 12 How was it

Reaction score
your answers are correct .... i think except for the pressure and the slidiing ice and some other confusion question.... but for sure u will get above 35.... wish u all the best.... i might be wrong though :)
i thnk much the same

Reaction score
The resultant force from ice will be vertically upwards coz the only force acting will be the reaction force from FRICTIONLES ICE. So it will be B. :)

Reaction score
What has cross-sectional area of a test-tube got to do with atomspheric pressure being negligible??

Reaction score
sorry for that minor argument, i totally forgot to add atmospheric pressure, you were right, and what was ur answer for the stationery wave one and what was for the one about two copper wires with variable diameters and the electron speed in them, i used I=navq to solve it qualitatively

The copper wires one, wouldn't the speed be the same? It asked for the flow of charged particles, and since the current is same, the rate of flow of charged particles would be same.

Reaction score
The copper wires one, wouldn't the speed be the same? It asked for the flow of charged particles, and since the current is same, the rate of flow of charged particles would be same.
I= navq...since n is the same, and q is the same, therfore a is inversely proportional to the velocity, so if area is less, velocity is greater....new A level concept....not in many books though, its called current formula

Velocity=Current/(n*area*q)
where n is electrons per meter cubed, area is cross section of wire, q is elementary charge

Reaction score
Hey!...can someone please tell me the correct option of 19(laserpulse one).....i knw its ans. is 1microsecond but dont knw what OPTION it was since i just did a quick guess on tht one!.....and 28(copper wires and their diameters one)....shouldn't its ans be the option which mentions that MORE CHARGE FLOWS THROUGH THE WIRE OF MORE DIAMETER........since R is indirectly proportional to Area(which can be taken as d square)....so more diameter means less resistance....and less resistance means MORE current..(current is flow of CHARGE!)....

Reaction score
For the acceleration one, i put down the answer as 2h/(t2-t1), i hope that is right? The momentum answer was u1-u2=v1+v2. The experiment answer i put down as there is a random error, final answer is correct and he is not making accurate use of equipment, i think that option was B.

Reaction score
Hey!...can someone please tell me the correct option of 19(laserpulse one).....i knw its ans. is 1microsecond but dont knw what OPTION it was since i just did a quick guess on tht one!.....and 28(copper wires and their diameters one)....shouldn't its ans be the option which mentions that MORE CHARGE FLOWS THROUGH THE WIRE OF MORE DIAMETER........since R is indirectly proportional to Area(which can be taken as d square)....so more diameter means less resistance....and less resistance means MORE current..(current is flow of CHARGE!)....
option was D, but the question stated that currentin both wires was the SAME.

Reaction score
For the acceleration one, i put down the answer as 2h/(t2-t1), i hope that is right? The momentum answer was u1-u2=v1+v2. The experiment answer i put down as there is a random error, final answer is correct and he is not making accurate use of equipment, i think that option was B.
for the acceleration one the answer was 2h/(t2^2 - t1^2) i.e D
i was a repeated one..............

Reaction score
what about that question where there was pressure and gas was being heated but the piston was moving out
what was its answer?
and yeah the strain energy question's answer?