• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 12 How was it

Reaction score
For the electric field strength question, the answer for the graph was the one with a constant force (straight line with zero gradient) right? :)

Reaction score
k dude u knw da friction is 6N
so force-friction=resultant (ma)
force= 2*10=20N friction=6N total mass is 8+2=10N substitue in da eqn
20-6=10a
a=1.4ms-2
hope u get it..
You can't take g as 10 in physics you have to take it as 9.81 and you get 1.70.Dont get confused between physics and mechanics.

Reaction score
You can't take g as 10 in physics you have to take it as 9.81 and you get 1.70.Dont get confused between physics and mechanics.
k den check dis question nd da answer
Q11.....

Attachments

• 9702_w08_qp_1.pdf
    198 KB · Views: 30
  • 9702_w08_ms_1.pdf
    61.7 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
this is how u do it:
first equation is from the 2kg body: 2(9.81)-T=2a
on 8kg body: T-6=8a
similtanoues equation by elimination ull get 2(9.81)-6=2a+8a
solve for a, a=1.362=1.4 :)

aom

Reaction score
For the electric field strength question, the answer for the graph was the one with a constant force (straight line with zero gradient) right? :)
no it was C the decreasing line because this time they changed the question, they said plate seperation, but in the past years they said the distance of the particle from the plate.

Reaction score
no it was C the decreasing line because this time they changed the question, they said plate seperation, but in the past years they said the distance of the particle from the plate.
They asked how the electric field varied from point X to point Y, both of those points being part of the electric field. I didn't see plate separation mentioned anywhere.

Reaction score
i answrd B
why B? and what was B? can u plz explain, cz i remember calculating g and it was accurate.. so how can it be not accurate.. i dont really remember the choices, i remember the first 2 were inaccurate and the last 2 were accurate..

Reaction score
why B? and what was B? can u plz explain, cz i remember calculating g and it was accurate.. so how can it be not accurate.. i dont really remember the choices, i remember the first 2 were inaccurate and the last 2 were accurate..
nopex...option B was that the calculated value of Gwas accurate but the students reading were in accurate and not always up to the precisionof the timing device, all points were valid....option D lacked physics essence by saying " it can be considered successful"..it didnt give a justification of why!!!

Reaction score
agreeing on the option B . The last option did not give any specifics to why the experiment was successful and one reading really wasn't up to 2 dp which it shuld have been.
The question on the current and the speed of electrons... I put same speed as well... can anyone confirm?

Reaction score
agreeing on the option B . The last option did not give any specifics to why the experiment was successful and one reading really wasn't up to 2 dp which it shuld have been.
The question on the current and the speed of electrons... I put same speed as well... can anyone confirm?
the currebt one was a tough one, you had to use velocity of electron formula I=navq...so since area and velocity are inversely proportional to each other, the speed will increase....and im confirmed on this...but i know 95% candidates did same speed ! ahahahhaha

Reaction score
@ gud man,,,the gas could not have pushed the other side of the liquid without having pressure greater than atm pressure...o level concept
wghich option was wl/4 clockwise? Cuz i dont remember which one mine was , clockwise or anti