• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 12 How was it

Reaction score
the currebt one was a tough one, you had to use velocity of electron formula I=navq...so since area and velocity are inversely proportional to each other, the speed will increase....and im confirmed on this...but i know 95% candidates did same speed ! ahahahhaha
Which option did u choose? I dont remember , I gues mine ws D:/

Reaction score
nopex...option B was that the calculated value of Gwas accurate but the students reading were in accurate and not always up to the precisionof the timing device, all points were valid....option D lacked physics essence by saying " it can be considered successful"..it didnt give a justification of why!!!
yes exactly i chose that option.. i guess i chose B, but i thought i chose C.. but i remember choosing the option u just said, oh thank you and thank god ..

Reaction score
but we dont know how precise is the stopwatch?
i think all stopwatches are to 0.01 seconds, but including the reaction time etc its 0.1? im not sure.. so the readings maybe precise but not always accurate due to the reaction time of the observer?

Reaction score
D was the option in the torque question.
What was the exact statement of the current wala q if someone remembers?

Reaction score
no it was C the decreasing line because this time they changed the question, they said plate seperation, but in the past years they said the distance of the particle from the plate.
r u sure they changed??? i cnt really rmbr a diffrnt version..but im not sure coz i was running out of time..anyone else, do u rmbr the electric field strength question??

Reaction score
yes, our sir taught it to us ...........so its gotta be..any ways i even searched on net and it was writtenthat wires with smaller cross section have greater drift velocity of electrons, the displacement one was the sine curve they gave, and we had to convert that velocity time graph to displacement time.

That was the half sine curve, wasn't it? When the velocity becomes 0, the displacement is maximum.

Reaction score
r u sure they changed??? i cnt really rmbr a diffrnt version..but im not sure coz i was running out of time..anyone else, do u rmbr the electric field strength question??
it was moving from x to y, that means separation stays the same its definitely C, the constant E or F or whatever that was

Reaction score
it siad the cro detected a maximum then a minimum , then another maximum 33cm later, so distance between 2 antinodes was 33, therfore answer was B

Wasn't the answer D? I'm almost sure it was, the one with the wave having the smallest time period. 1 ms, I guess.

Reaction score
The answer to the velocity of charge one is B, that is it stays constant because I = Q/t or rate of change of flow of electrons or speed of electrons, I has nothing to do with cross sectional area. CIE will never go into the complex formulas you guys are mentioning about this question!!!

Reaction score
Wasn't the answer D? I'm almost sure it was, the one with the wave having the smallest time period. 1 ms, I guess.
first i also marked D, but when i rechecked i noticed 33cm was lambda/2, so lambda was 66cm, there fore the time period = .66/330 = 2ms...optionB

Reaction score
The answer to the velocity of charge one is B, that is it stays constant because I = Q/t or rate of change of flow of electrons or speed of electrons, I has nothing to do with cross sectional area. CIE will never go into the complex formulas you guys are mentioning about this question!!!
my brother had you studied that portion of the syllabus you would have ignored all options immediately and option D would have shone at you like the Sun.............as far as im concerned cambridge cant make option D wrong because it is the physically correct option, all the other options were physically and logically wrong, allow me to explain with some duagrams....: i hope my diagrams arent annoying anyone!!!!

Reaction score
my brother had you studied that portion of the syllabus you would have ignored all options immediately and option D would have shone at you like the Sun.............as far as im concerned cambridge cant make option D wrong because it is the physically correct option, all the other options were physically and logically wrong, allow me to explain with some duagrams....: i hope my diagrams arent annoying anyone!!!!

Untitled.png

Reaction score
i really think its D, number of collisions per second increases.. cz its the only one that makes sense, velocity does increase because they gain ke, mean seperation does increases because pressure remains constant so volume must increase.. and i dont remember option B, but D was the only one that made sense not to be correct
Sorry bro but its C the distance between collisions increases...