• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 12 How was it

Reaction score
yes exactly i chose that option.. i guess i chose B, but i thought i chose C.. but i remember choosing the option u just said, oh thank you and thank god ..
Lol. Man it was D for sure caz there calculated value was correct 0.64 sec..use 2as=v^2 - u^2 and u'll find the correct ans of time had to be 0.637...while B option said that the measurements were inaccirate..

Reaction score
Lol. Man it was D for sure caz there calculated value was correct 0.64 sec..use 2as=v^2 - u^2 and u'll find the correct ans of time had to be 0.637...while B option said that the measurements were inaccirate..
i have no idea.. i forgott everything, but the measurements were accurate thats for sure, because acceleration turned out to be 9.7something or 9.8 if i remember correctly

Reaction score
dude, they asked what does not occur, what you stated DOES occur when volume inreases, its ovbious, the distance bw collisions WILL increaes, so option was incorrect, D was right option,
Mate they wrote that the pressure remains the same. Since the pressure is same, the volume will obviously remain the same.

Reaction score
Mate they wrote that the pressure remains the same. Since the pressure is same, the volume will obviously remain the same.
the pressure remains the same coz they pulled out the piston. So the volumes has increased by pulling out the piston BUT since the pressure is same the frequency of collisions will not increase. so the ans is D

Reaction score
the pressure remains the same coz they pulled out the piston. So the volumes has increased by pulling out the piston BUT since the pressure is same the frequency of collisions will not increase. so the ans is D
but i think they said they warmed the piston, so temprature increases.. if temprature increases volume must increase to maintain the same pressure am i right? :S

Reaction score
i have the exact same answers as urs.. except for the copper wire and momentum, i just have the copper wire thing wrong.. i guessed it in the exam anyway :S..
i think the ladder one is incorrect, and pressure one D and the momentum D are right for sure

Reaction score
So i went through the questions with my teachers and i got 31/40. Is it enough for an A ?

Reaction score
mine was Awesome it went very gud i expect more than 30 if the threshold is 28 then...
and ya that last one answer i think it was wrong of mine what was the answer???

Reaction score
but i think they said they warmed the piston, so temprature increases.. if temprature increases volume must increase to maintain the same pressure am i right? :S
thats what i am saying, volume does increase...momo hi ho :p

Reaction score
dude, they asked what does not occur, what you stated DOES occur when volume inreases, its ovbious, the distance bw collisions WILL increaes, so option was incorrect, D was right option,
D was number of collisions per second increases..which was obviouslyy right...common concept..and the distance btwn molecules increases..not collisions...

Reaction score
Once you increased the volume to keep the pressure constant, distance between collisions would increase. You pulled out the piston man, now the molecules have to travel further to collide.