• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 12 How was it

Reaction score
the pressure remains the same coz they pulled out the piston. So the volumes has increased by pulling out the piston BUT since the pressure is same the frequency of collisions will not increase. so the ans is D
Dude uve got something wrong in your brain or what :p even if pressure and vol. remain same number of collisions will increase caz there increasing the temp..avg k.e increases number of collisions per second also increase..common thing..if think that D does not occur. then A should be right as well caz they said avg..speed increases..thing is i chose C caz i eliminated the other options..and the other 3 were definitly incorrect..

Reaction score
Once you increased the volume to keep the pressure constant, distance between collisions would increase. You pulled out the piston man, now the molecules have to travel further to collide.
Pressure remains constant dude as far as i can tell...

Reaction score
what about the ladder one? wt did u conclude it was?
and what about the determining g?
G one was D..not sure but logically it was D...
and ladder one was D for sure..people are saying B caz they didnt do very old past papers...those who did knw its D..

Reaction score
Dude uve got something wrong in your brain or what :p even if pressure and vol. remain same number of collisions will increase caz there increasing the temp..avg k.e increases number of collisions per second also increase..common thing..if think that D does not occur. then A should be right as well caz they said avg..speed increases..thing is i chose C caz i eliminated the other options..and the other 3 were definitly incorrect..
but the volume isn't the same man. hez pulling the piston outwards and the gas will take all the space available, unless ur molecules aren't chained, that is :p

Reaction score
but the volume isn't the same man. hez pulling the piston outwards and the gas will take all the space available, unless ur molecules aren't chained, that is :p
Man i think theres smething wrong with u..avg kinetic energy increases so number of collisions per unit time increases..common concept..i dont think u take chemistryy :p

Reaction score
Why are u people still discussing the paper, it wont help. Pray for the results and enjoy your vacations now

Reaction score
Man i think theres smething wrong with u..avg kinetic energy increases so number of collisions per unit time increases..common concept..i dont think u take chemistryy :p
so how else are u gonna maintain the pressure? huh?
PS. i do take chemistry and Allah ka shukar ha em pretty gud at it

Reaction score
Why are u people still discussing the paper, it wont help. Pray for the results and enjoy your vacations now
why are u lingering here reading this thread? go enjoy ur vacations and lemme deal with Saad Sarfaraz :p

Reaction score
D was number of collisions per second increases..which was obviouslyy right...common concept..and the distance btwn molecules increases..not collisions...
dude i think u accidentily selected an option which was true but we had to identify the false statement, and the only false statement was D......the number of collisions with piston wall increases...and if they did ..the pressure should have also gone up...but it didnt, they said it was constant, so there you go, statement wrong....

Reaction score
why are u lingering here reading this thread? go enjoy ur vacations and lemme deal with Saad Sarfaraz :p
ur rite dude, all ur concepts about that pressure one are correct, i went through the same thinking process....options, ABC were all correct...D sort of "popped out" as the wrong option............ur rite.we gotta deal with saad sarfraz!!!!!!!!!!!!if statement D was correct..well then the pressure should have increased which they said in the question that it was constant so whats else there to explain.................

Reaction score
ur rite dude, all ur concepts about that pressure one are correct, i went through the same thinking process....options, ABC were all correct...D sort of "popped out" as the wrong option............ur rite.we gotta deal with saad sarfraz!!!!!!!!!!!!if statement D was correct..well then the pressure should have increased which they said in the question that it was constant so whats else there to explain.................
Now i admit im wrong..caz u gave the right explanation :p

Reaction score
easily an A, the thresh hold wont be more then 29
Thanks

For poster above me,
My teacher wrote B as an answer for above.. She gave me a paper of the rough calcs and answers of the McQ.. She haven't Explained it tho.