• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 3 2012 discussion (I have the qp)

Reaction score
here are the scans I managed to make....will do the whole paper today hopefully.....
Question 1 IGCSE Physics Paper 3 2012.jpgQuestion IGCSE Physics paper 3 2012.jpgscan0001.jpgQuestion 1 IGCSE Physics Paper 3 2012.jpgQuestion IGCSE Physics paper 3 2012.jpgscan0001.jpgscan0002.jpgscan0003.jpgscan880001.jpgscan1230001.jpg

Reaction score
It does go lower....
no, look, when you supply heat to water it changes into vapour. the energy supplied is used to break the bonds, and so the temperature of the liquid does not change. this is the same if a gas is cooled, except that heat is given out.

Reaction score
no, look, when you supply heat to water it changes into vapour. the energy supplied is used to break the bonds, and so the temperature of the liquid does not change. this is the same if a gas is cooled, except that heat is given out.

oh yeah....I lost another mark on the exam :(

Reaction score
8 a ii) hooooow? I drew the electrons ( negative) on the left and the positive on the rig, why is it up and down? :(

Reaction score
My God, I think I lost way more marks than I thought. Struggling to remember my answers...

Aaargh, got the entire electricity question wrong!

Reaction score
8 a ii) hooooow? I drew the electrons ( negative) on the left and the positive on the rig, why is it up and down? :(
electrons attract repel other electrons. this leaves unbalanced protons on the left side. electrons move to the right.

Reaction score
Hi, in the energy transfer question why did u multiply by 1 second and not 120s (lightning question)

Reaction score
Hi, in the energy transfer question why did u multiply by 1 second and not 120s (lightning question)
because 1 lighting stikes in like 1 second.....or lower.....and then after 120 seconds the lighting strikes for 1 second again, so the duration of strike is 1 second, the time interval between two strikes is 120 seconds.... hope u understand now :)

Reaction score
because 1 lighting stikes in like 1 second.....or lower.....and then after 120 seconds the lighting strikes for 1 second again, so the duration of strike is 1 second, the time interval between two strikes is 120 seconds.... hope u understand now :)
but I multiplied by 120...do u thnk i can get a mark here???????

Reaction score
I have the question paper ppl, so if anyone has any doubts on how they did on certain questions, then they can post what they remember and I can repost the exact question to see if u ppl got it right :)

Just post questions/doubts/answers anything about physics paper 3 or 6 :D
can you scan the other pages(questions)..please